+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I don't know how the girl I love feels about me

I don't know how the girl I love feels about me

So, there's this girl in my class and she's absolutely perfect. I fell in love with her after just talking to her a couple of times. The problem is that I don't even know if she likes me. Things get complicated because she's extremely nice and kind to virtually anyone so that leaves me wondering how she feels about me in particular. I know that she's way out of my league, but I just want to be friends for starters.

One thing I noticed is that I always have to be the one who starts a conversation and it's always me who approaches her and never the other way round. I sometimes feel like a stalker and I can never determine if she really likes my company or she just doesn't want to make me feel bad by rejecting me (because she's so damn kind to everyone ). We talk and laugh, but sometimes I don't know what to say and then I feel like I'm boring her.

I was okay with how things were going but this morning something awful happened. When I got to the campus and saw her walking with another girl I went to them to say hello but they actually just walked past me. I heard her murmur a faint "hi" and she wouldn't even look at me. I was like WTF?, but I figured she must have been in a hurry. Later, when everyone was waiting for the next class I once again approached her and tried to say what I was doing this morning but she blatantly let me know she doesn't give a sh*t, in a sort of sarcastic way. I thought she was clearly in a bad mood, but she was herself with everyone else, being all nice and that. Even with people she doesn't even know as well as me.

When classes ended and we were all heading home, I once again tried to have a meaningful conversation with her, but she barely responded to anything I've said and I felt like she's avoiding me. When I got home there was just one thing on my mind: "What did I do?!". We were cool just yesterday and now she's acting like I did something horrible when I didn't.

I really, really care for her and this ruined everything. I don't even know what do anymore. Do girls ever act like this? Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Please help, I really feel like a depressed wreck right now.

PS I'm actually 19, I just altered my info out of fear that someone who knows me might find this thread
    Last edited by tarik94; 01-11-14 at 06:50 AM. Reason: forgot something

One thing I noticed is that I always have to be the one who starts a conversation and it's always me who approaches her and never the other way round.
    She's not into you. If she was, she'd initiate conversations more.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Okay, calm down. Could be she was in a deep conversation with this other girl, having a bad day, on and on. Many reasons other than you directly. Okay

Don't get so wrapped up in the small stuff. Ladies like confidence in a man; they really do. 'we' really do.

You like this girl, allot right? Yeah, that much is clear. So, ignore her a little. Just a little. If she does like you, she'll notice your pulling away and those puppy dog eyes you once had for her have turned rather aloof and "meh". Believe me, if she digs you, she'll approach you. Say it with me, "confidence is key".....

and man, never forget, being a romantic is a good thing, a rare and good thing in a man of any age. If this particular lady isn't the one for you, don't take it too hard. Just means the Universe has someone else in mind for you is all. Chin up, strut your stuff, stay bright and never lose that light

regards,
    woody=trees
    Last edited by woody; 08-11-14 at 06:58 AM.

Turns out my suspicions were right. Even though I never gave the slightest hint that I want anything more than being friends, she somehow noticed and now has branded me a stalker. Looks like that "good-looking guy = admirer, unattractive one = creep, stalker" saying is indeed true. I'm not even disappointed, I'm actually mad because she didn't want to say anything until I confronted her. The good thing is that I'm already over her, even if she wanted to apologize or talk to me again, I would probably tell her to go **** herself. Only downside to all of this is that I'll have to see her every day in class