So I met this guy through work 3 years ago and when we met we hit it off but he was married and nothing happened.

9 months ago he got in touch with me and we met for lunch and things progressed from there. He told me that he and his wife led separate lives and he had been thinking about me for 3 years since we met.

We continued to see each other and this summer went away for 10 days to the US and had the most amazing time. He told me that I was the one and that he had been waiting for me all his life. We even spoke about our future and where we would live and what we would do.

He was still living in the family house with his 2 kids of 4 and 6 btw but I believed him when he said that he planned of divorce and us being together.

I'm not a horrible person, i would never have continued if he had not said his marriage was loveless and they slept in separate rooms.

Anyway a few weeks after we were back from the most amazing trip ever he told his wife he wanted to finalise his divorce and she got very paranoid about him having an affair.

He started getting more distant from me. He has told me he cannot deal with the fact he will not see his kids everyday and will be living away from them and therefore has not the capacity for me and wants to break it off and have space.

And says he hopes to pick us up when he is sorted.

I dont know what to do.

Was I just a distraction?

Or did he mean what he said and really believes we will pick things up again?

I need advice?