+ Follow This Topic

Thread: he still love me or just stringing me along?

he still love me or just stringing me along?

I dated this guy for almost 5months, the connction with him was so great, he treat me with so much respect, he almost has everything a women can ask for. smart, Sweet, thoughtful and so much effort. I know we were so into esch other back thn so i fall hard for him. I thought our would go futher, even think he might be the one. But we came to this point when i askd him where do i really stand, he told me he wasnt ready. Not ready for commitment. It hurts so bad. I couldnt settle for less, n he said he doesnt want to hurt me too so we both decided to stop but agree to be frnds.
    Its been almost a year now when we stop. we still see each other from time to time (as a friend no any romantic involve here). But i get to see him more often this past month. I admit i still have feelings for him, i couldnt help myself but to feel happy whenever hes around, n make me feel warm when he hugs me. He always give me this look, as if im the only girl in the world. He smiles the whole time when he is with me, he still treats me/ we do things as if we were still dating, he again putting efforts like what we do back then. i ask him if once if he seeing someone else he said no. So the only problem is he didnt say anything or try to open up, So i dont really know whats going on between me and him. I want be back, but To be honest im afraid to ask, i might be push him away.
    What should i do? Nid some advise here. Man's advise would be great too. Thanks!

Well Sistah... you are your own worst enemy. What good is being happy for the very, very short amount of his time that he doles out to you only for you to feel rejected, dejected, confused, sad, lonely and without a steady partner when he goes off and lives his life single and without you again?

You are wasting your good dating years grasping at the crumbs of a man that likely has many women just like you hooked and wasting their time on him.

Tell him outright that you cannot be just his friend because it's stopping you from being able to move on and find someone that wants to be your boyfriend and then go ZERO contact and ignore anything from him unless the subject line is; "I want to be your boyfriend" or anything similar but this part-time bullsh*t attention he gives you is just torturing you and keeping you addicted to him. Go cold-turkey withdrawl and stop it now.

Be strong and let go.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Hi Beatrice..
    i felt i wanted to reply at this post cause i've been where you are and i can totally feel you.The truth is you are doing this to yourself..you said you couldnt settle for less and thats right..why u should now??Dont compromise..if u need to compromise to have someone in your life only that means that hes not the one.He wasnt ready then when you were together and everything was fine..why would he say something else now?You need to forget him,really.I dont know why but girls have this stupid tend to believe that when they fall in love with someone very much that he must be the one and everything he does we just deserve it.Its not like that..u make urself seem like you worth this situation.Why?why u should be with a guy he is not sure for his feelings or just messing around when you feel so much about him.just this fact should make you realise you should move on!we all deserve to have someone between us who feels the same madness and emotions and all this amazing things for us like we do for him.Thats the real love..the rest is bullshit!and you will find that guy who will be sure for you no matter what and he's gonna be the one.I would tell you to stop seeing him and try to cut every contact so you can relax and think the situation and what u re doing there.and really just push him away cause if you ask him and hes says he's still unsure what will you do?You will sit there waiting for him to change his mind?You dont need that!Have some trust in yourself and you ll be strong enough to say no any other time he wants to see you or anything!just move on!

Thanks wake up and thanks emma. Yeah. U guys are right, i just have to move on. What he is doing is killing me, killing my emotion, it hurts, and i don't deserve this. Il try to forget him. Hopefully he wont try to get into me unless he want it seriously and be ready to commit. Thank you!
    This could be hard for now, but i know i can do this.