Hi Guys / Girls,

First of all i'd like to introduce myself to this forum. I am Jonas, a 20 years old guy from Belgium. Currently I am living in Jakarta, Indonesia for 6 months for work purposes. My stay here totally changed my live. Good things, but also bad things. However, I really enjoy my stay here. I am here to work with a partner on a new company. Being an entrepreneur is not easy and it verges a lot of effort and time. After one week in Jakarta I went out on a date with a Girl. This date was the beginning of a everything but normal relationship. In fact, after we first met during this date, we stood together almost non-stop until now, three months later. She is a native citizen of Indonesia and in fact we live together now. As a 20 year old, who always lived with his parents in Belgium, this was a big step: from moving out directly moving in with a girl. It really took some time for me to get along with it. But I think, I really enjoyed the time together, since I came to Jakarta alone.

Now, 3 months later the struggles begin. My girlfriend is a very caring, sweet, but also very dependable person. She needs attention and is not good at being alone. Different than me, because I can be alone pretty well and I sometimes need to be alone or need to work after working hours because thats part of the live of an entrepreneur. It is her who always want to be together. For some reason, she really start complaining about doing some extra work when I'm home, when I am not into sex two times a day and when I don't give her full attention. We talked a lot about it because I felt kinda bad about the fact that she didn't understand or respect the fact that this was part of my life. The subject is coming back over and over again. Every time we argue about me giving her not enough attention (which I give enough in my opinion since I am only 20 years old and spend ALL my time after work hours only with her and live together with her). She keeps asking for confirmation. It sometimes seems she's very unconfident. Perhaps a reason for this is her history, were she's heartbroken multiple times by other western guys who moved back to their home countries. And now, time is running up. In 1.5 month I will return to Belgium. The chance is there that I will return to Jakarta within a year and she's happy to wait for me. But I'm not sure. For sure, I have a lot of great memories with her. But this whole Jakarta adventure is based around her. Sometimes I really miss out on social life or having time for myself. I sometimes have the feeling she's closing me in. Just like the moment will come I need to decide whether I stay in this relationship on distance or not, when I leave.

I realise now, that from the start, because we were together since the first date, the relationship didn't gave me enough space to breath and overthink things. And know, since we have so much memories together it seems there is no way back. For me this is a really hard decision to make, since I will leave in 1.5 month. I don't want to heartbreak her. Because I really care about here and she's to kind for that. But wait a year for her? I don't know about that, I'm young and I always been scared to get relied on things or other people, that's also the reason I love entrepreneurship. She's willing to wait ''how long it needs to take''. This shows me the different views on relationship at my age. If I wait a year until I come back to Jakarta, the relationship might be for the long term, because there was so much on stake. I don't know if she's worth it, since she's not fully understanding my needs and way of life.

I hope you can share your views on my story and how you would make a decision like this. Thanks for your help!