+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I give up?

Should I give up?

I met a guy whilst travelling but nothing happened. When we both got back to England he messaged me and asked if he could take me for a drink to which I accepted. We then realised that we lived 2 hours away from each other. He came to see me anyway and we got on really well. He came to see me every weekend for 3 months, we said we'd keep it casual because of the distance but then he announced that he wanted to introduce me to his friends and that he thought of us as seeing each other, I haven't been in a relationship for a long time so it scared me a bit but I didn't let on too much. Then there was a couple of weekends where we didn't see each other because I was busy. Then one week I called him to tell him I had a hotel near to his house as I was attending a family event. He wanted me to stay at his so we agreed he'd pick me up and I'd stay at his. Then the day came and we texted a bit in the day. It got to the time that we'd agreed he'd pick me up and I hadn't heard from him so I text him and he didn't reply (he was watching boxing with his friends so I understood). Then an hour passed and he finally got back to me but it felt like he was hinting that he couldn't come (although he said that wasn't the case the next day). I have a serious complex about guys bailing on me last minute because my ex used to do it to me all the time. So I got annoyed and told him not to worry about it, we argued a bit and I told him I was annoyed because I'd had to explain to my family that I did in fact need a hotel because I hadn't heard from him (so embarrassing!!). I was really upset. The next day he texted to say sorry and I said not to worry but I was still upset. He texted me later and asked if I was still annoyed, to which in anger I said that I didn't want anything to do with him. To which he replied 'look after yourself'. It probably sounds really over the top but I was really upset and just needed him to leave me alone for a bit. Then the next day I texted to apologise and he didn't reply. A couple of days passed and I decided to text him again, I said that if he really didn't want to speak to me again He should just say and I promised I'd leave him alone and made a joke of it saying if he didn't respond I'd call until his battery died every day (obviously I wouldn't actually do that!! Lol). I'm not usually one to chase a guy but we just had such a strong connection I felt like it was worth it. He responded saying that he'd talk when he got home as he was finishing work late. Later he texted me a couple of short messages about being tired and I said that's fine well talk when you're not tired, to which he didn't respond. So I left it. Then at the weekend he got drunk and sent me a couple of messages, we exchanged a couple of texts then he didn't reply again. I thought I might have got an apology the next day for ignoring me so much but it got to the evening and I'd heard nothing. By this point I was annoyed as I felt like he was playing games with me and I texted him to say that I was annoyed that he'd been ignoring me all week and that we were more than a one night stand so I couldn't see how he could block me out like that. I fell asleep straight after and woke up 2 hours later with a missed call. I then received a message saying that I couldn't just talk to him like crap (the weekend before) then expect everything to be ok the next day and that he didn't need it and 'you're a diamond girl but this just seems like more hassle than it's worth'. That last line really cut deep so I just took it as him telling me he wasn't interested anymore so I left it and didn't reply. It's now 3 days later and all I want to do is call him, but I feel like I've already made myself look like a psycho by texting last week without getting a response and if he really liked me he'd get in contact?! What should I do? Should I call him and try and sort it out (again!!)? Or do I just accept that he now thinks I'm a crazy psycho and leave him alone? Please help.

Just leave him be....he probably is wanting you to chase him. If you are constantly following up with him he knows that when hes ready to talk to you or text you, you will be waiting. Make him wonder why you aren't calling and texting him!!! It's hard but you can do it.

You don't look like a psycho, you are a psycho for harassing him through text messages. Stop acting pathetic. It's not looking good for you.

Just in case you don't get it, he's treated you like a piece of trash, so why are you even obsessing on this guy for crying out loud!

Cut the "fatal attraction" moves already girl and get on with your life!

He's an arse - you made plans, cancelled existing plans on the understanding that he would pick you up and take you to his...then he just leaves you hanging and puts you in a position where you look foolish to your family. I'd have cut him off then and there.