+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Weird love triangle where I'm giving advice to my competitor

Weird love triangle where I'm giving advice to my competitor

Hey guys,

Backstory
    - I have two best friends whom are all really close to me, in fact, we rely on each other to help each other out with romances that one of us may have from time to time. Let's call both of them BF A and BF B.
    - In comes a girl, 10+ months back, whom BF A was really close friends with, asked out, and was rejected.
    - Now fastforward to the present: BF B tells both of us that he likes the same girl and I've been giving him advice on how to get close with her. The problem before was that since it was awkward with BF A and this girl, things couldn't really progress with BF B.
    - BF B and the girl weren't really close before and she hadn't really talked to him before but I had talked to her before and I decided that I should fix the friendship between BF A and the girl first to help BF B out.

The Problem
    I decided to talk to her. We just started hanging out at first and then as we started talking and getting to know each other on a more personal level, I realised that both her and I were very similar in some ways, thus I started getting STRONG feelings for her. I already told her before that I wasn't really looking for a girlfriend and that I just saw her as a friend. Now, everyday, I get up looking forward to meeting her again.
    Meanwhile BF B, who doesn't know, keeps asking me for advice on how he should get closer to her and I give him actual advice - what I would really do in his shoes.
    I've told BF A about the situation and he doesn't know what to do.
    I've even noticed that I'm sleeping less, eating less and just thinking about the situation just gets me very depressed.

Repercussions
    - If I go for the girl, I will potentially lose my best friend
    - If I let her go and my best friend gets her, I don't think I'll be emotionally capable of hanging out with either of them whilst they're together
    - If I let someone else get her, I don't think I'll be able to live with myself with that feeling that she could've been THE ONE.

So I'm just sitting here, in this weird ass love triangle, wondering what I should do

TLDR - Talking to this girl to get to know this girl more and to help out one of my best friends who likes her -> As I knew her more I started getting feelings for her but I'm also giving my best friend legitimate advice on what he should do.

Now Idk what the hell I should do.

Update: I've decided to give up. She's moving overseas to Finland cos of family matters. The chances of us meeting again are basically 0.

If she wasn't my advice is this.... This girl makes the decision on whom she likes. Getting close to her, and that blah blah blah doesn't work. If she was interested in one of you, she would have made her intentions very clear right off the start. Since she has not, she isn't into any of you. So it wouldn't have mattered either way.

Stop befriending girls. Its almost impossible for a guy to just be close friends with a girl. If shes any bit attractive and you get on well, your gonna fall for her. So in future, only get close to girls that you want a relationship with from the start and make your intentions clear to avoid all this BS
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".