+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this a game or does he want to be with me?

Is this a game or does he want to be with me?

Me and my ex have been broken up for over four years now. Over these four years we have still talked as if we were in a relationship off and on. We will go through a honeymoon stage where we are good for sometimes just 2 days and sometimes it can be 2 weeks and then something happens and we will argue and stop talking for sometimes maybe just a day or sometimes it can be up to a month or 2. I still love him but this is starting to get old. I do want to be with him but throughout these four years we have been broken up I have been disrespected, argued with other girls about him, and am just frustrated. We have just been going around in circles for awhile now. Does he want to be with me or am I just being strung along? I love him but I just don't want to be hurt in the end. He can be really sweet but he can also be really disrespectful. I'm just confused about what HE wants because he always comes back. Help please!

It's obvious whats going on by his actions and your and his inability to actually get along for any serious length of time. Surely you know this?

Stop this nonsense that keeps you mired in your fear of losing him. If you stop all contact you would have been over him by now and probably very happy in a much better, more functional and happy union. Instead you keep up this façade, this joke of a "thing" with him that prevents you from ever getting to the stage of indifference to him and his bullshit.

Zero contact and read up on codependency and the importance of personal boundaries so that you have the confidence, strength and personal boundaries honed to be able to quickly chuck chucklers like this guy instead of being afraid to.

This is not a man you will be happy with for the rest of your life so quit wasting good dating years on him and drop him today.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion