+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused by coworker

Confused by coworker

I am openly lesbian at work and have a girlfriend. I am quite close to a married coworker (I will call her C). We all went out for a work party and she sat next to me all night; our bodies were touching side by side. At one point someone told a guy he was a bit effeminate at which point I jokingly said maybe I should butch up, being a lesbian. At this point C said she thought I was very pretty and that she found me sexy as I was the perfect mix of female and male and that if she wasn't married then she would go for me.

I thought she was being nice but later when it was just me, C and another person, we were talking about relationships and C said she didn't know if she was gay or straight as she was brought up religiously so she was taught it was wrong but she believes it's about the person and not the gender. She then said again that if she wasn't married she would go for me. She also said that she had her [insert my name here] but I can't remember the sentence fully as I was still thinking on what she had said the sentence before. She was sober and hadn't had a single drink.

I kinda felt for a while she may like me, I find her behaviour confusing. What would you think to this? If she had just said I was pretty then I would take it as she was just being nice but adding the rest has made me wonder what she feels towards me?

What are you hoping to happen with your coworker?

I don't really know. I am just curious more than anything as to what this is with her

Did you discuss the comments with your GF, or keep to yourself?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Quote Originally Posted by Pops66 View Post
    I don't really know. I am just curious more than anything as to what this is with her
    Maybe she's finally wanting to come out, and just put it out there to get a reaction because she is comfortable with you or wants some guidance. She has a lot to lose, so TBH you shouldn't get too involved other than be a good listener and offer some advice.

I kinda felt for a while she may like me, I find her behaviour confusing. What would you think to this? If she had just said I was pretty then I would take it as she was just being nice but adding the rest has made me wonder what she feels towards me?
    For FS... did you forget the fact that she's MARRIED.

There is absolutely NOTHING confusing about it. You should chalk her up as a dumb C word (good choice of monker for her "C") for saying smack to you. You should also just ignore the bitch SINCE SHE'S MARRIED... Hellllllllo! You don't want to get involved or embroiled in anyone who is married so don't even think about her comment as anything other then a stupid C being inappropriate.

Look to your personal boundaries and if you're crushing on her, avoid her like she has ALL of the communicable STD's imaginable.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll add that I'm sure your partner wouldn't like you two sitting there discussing who would do whom if they were'nt married either so ditch her and don't let her bullshit sway you one way or the other.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion