+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did he get so bored of me in one week that he decided to dump me?

Did he get so bored of me in one week that he decided to dump me?

My bf just dumped me a couple weeks ago saying he's not ready for a relationship. I was shocked because a week earlier he seemed completely invested in me. Then he seemed to be a little off the past week, being slightly less physically affectionate (but there were others around a lot of the time and he's always been weird about PDA) and giving somewhat questionable reasons not to plan to get together or to leave early (after about an hour and a half). But other than that, nothing out of the ordinary; we met up with about the same frequency, we still messaged constantly with him occasionally initiating and always maintaining convos throughout the day, asking questions about me and my life, saying "good night", etc. He was always sweet to me and listened to me in person too. So how could he have lost interest/gotten bored SO FAST? My only other theory is that we're both very young and the family member he's VERY CLOSE TO/HEAVILY INFLUENCED BY seemed to be pressuring him not to get committed to anyone yet. We never fought or anything. Any other thoughts?

His interest lies with someone else or he changed his mind about you, which is perfectly normal. The truth is, if they want to be with you, they won't care what others think and won't let anything get in the way of what they desire.

Tip: a relationship doesn't have to end because of fighting, there can be many other reasons why.

^Why do you think his mind/interest changed so quickly? I didn't change. And why did he act like everything was fine until the last week or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Burberry View Post
    ^Why do you think his mind/interest changed so quickly? I didn't change. And why did he act like everything was fine until the last week or so?
    I already told you....possible he has another interest in someone else or he just changed his mind. I can relate. I would date a guy for a couple of weeks and the novelty wore off. It just happens....I broke a lot of hearts.

- - - Updated - - -

You can keep pondering over this forever....still doesn't change the fact he doesn't want to pursue this any further....it is what it is...accept it and move on.

[QUOTE=smackie9;1003187] I would date a guy for a couple of weeks and the novelty wore off. It just happens....
    - - - Updated - - -

Doesn't that mean you got bored with the person?

[QUOTE=Burberry;1003189]
    Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I would date a guy for a couple of weeks and the novelty wore off. It just happens....
    - - - Updated - - -

Doesn't that mean you got bored with the person?
    Yeah bored. Or annoyed. Or they were a pain in the ass. Or they complain too much. Or you don't like their friends. Or you just found that they weren't particularly stimulating. Could be anything.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

They weren't particularly stimulating would be my answer. They didn't fulfill my expectation personality wise. Once I started seeing things I didn't like about them, I just got turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Burberry View Post
    And why did he act like everything was fine until the last week or so?
    I don't know him and that depends on the person he is, but something similar happened with my boyfriend. I noticed he was getting distant and I told him about it. And it was only when we started talking about it seriously that he realized himself that maybe his heart just wasn't in the right place. Many people just don't realize what they're feeling right away and it's only when they talk about it with others that they find out what is truly going on. Might be the case. It's not necessarily 'acting'. It could be. It couldn't be.