+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I tell her?

Should I tell her?

Hey guys, so recently I've begun to like this new girl, let's name her Sarah. So Sarah and I sat next to each other in a class we had and we became friends. We weren't too good of friends, we only talked during the class and such. But this year, I got to know her a bit better and I found out that she thought I liked her and I thought she liked me. It was just a funny little coincidence and we just became better and better friends as the days went on. Eventually, it got to the point where we talked to each other every day. One would always go "hey what's up" through text and we would just go off from there. So, we kept talking and we occasionally went to skype or FaceTime to help keep company or I would help her do homework and such. The thing we did after a certain period at school was we always hugged in the same spot, and we always had a little codeword for it. This codeword both meant the hug thing and it also meant a heart, as sometimes she would make a heart with her fingers ( not for reasons like "I love you", more like, "thanks" or "I appreciate it" in a sense) and when I would try, I couldn't do it and I always said it looked like the codeword, and from then on we always used it whenever. Anyways, we kept doing our little hug thing and daily chats and this is about when I began to like her. These daily chats ranged from practically anything, she even told me her past crushes and I did mine as well, and she also told me her taste in men and such like that, almost nothing was off limits in our convos. Her life is in much disarray, as she bit off more than she could chew in classes and her family has been having problems. She would often rant to me and I would comfort her and everything would be good. Until finals came around. My parents being the Asians they are, they restricted me from going to study with her during the week. Usually it would be me, her, and two other girls who would study for the same class, but when this time they had invited this other guy, let's name him bob. So as soon as I saw how he acted, I suspected that he liked Sarah too. So she did her thing and I did mine, and finally, it was break! During the first 3 days of break, my family and I decided to go take a trip to Vegas. Coincidentally, Sarah took their annual trip to Vegas the same time we did ( This was completely unintentional, we both had no idea that we were going to Vegas at the same time). So, I left and halfway through the trip to Vegas, Sarah tells me that Bob had told her that he likes her, but Sarah declined him. She was upset that it was so quick and sudden and that she was afraid of losing him as a friend. So like usual, I comforted her and talked to her. So, now currently still in break, we still talk but we don't hang out as much as I personally would like to. So recently, she has really been sad on her current life position and rants to me, and reveals that she has previously thought and was close to overdosing herself on medications. This completely shocked me and I told her stuff like "you mean so much to me our friends and your family" "don't ever do stuff like that again" etc etc. So after this she tells me she feels "better" and she tells me essentially that these deep talks are really nice and good at making trust, but they shouldn't lead to emotions or feelings cuz that would be bad for both of us" so now I don't know. I was going to ask her to a winter dance and tell her something like " I like you, and I know I'm not your perfect guy but I am me and i understand if you don't want to be with me" or something like that. Did I be too much of her friend? Or should I still tell her? Was that "deep talk shouldn't lead to emotion" thing a direct hint to say I don't want you to like me stuff like that? Please help haha, but anyways, thanks for reading! Sorry for the story. Thank you very much and have a very nice day or night!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and also, almost all my family thinks I like her or we're dating due to all the skypes and chats we have , and apparently some of her friends see us and ask her if we're dating, and some of my friends say that they think I'm going to ask her to try dance because of the way we act around each other, so the idea of us dating is not completely foreign to us. I was going to add more but I forgot. I shall update again when i remember.

Stop being her girlfriend with dangly bits and ask her out on a real date wherein at the end of it, you kiss her goodnight and if she doesn't kiss you back then you NEXT her as a friend because if you don't, you're going to end up being her male girlfriend and crushed as she tells you all about the boyzzz that do get to kiss her.

If you think that kissing her after her stupid conversation then just stop hanging out with her so that you can get the hell over her and over the habit of being her emotional tampon where she doesn't reciprocate your romantic feelings. What a waste of your heart, time, emotional well being.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I know you are all excited to hear Bob getting the boot and stuff but you have to NOT show your emotions and feelings towards her or you will end up like Bob. Girls get queezy when they hear insecurities like "I'm not the perfect guy...." or "I'll understand if you say no..." blaaaahh! Wimpy ass crap like that. You look her stright in the eye and just say "I want you to come with me to the dance." The trick is to TELL her, not ask all wimpy whiney. DO NOT tell her you like her, you show it in actions....be playful with her, hold her hand all wisk her out onto the dance floor before she has a chance to reject you. Be assertive in actions only, be fun, and don't trip all over yourself to impress her. Got it? Good.