+ Follow This Topic

Thread: shy girl. does she like me, or does she want to be friends?

shy girl. does she like me, or does she want to be friends?

Background
    We met in the library. The first time I had no interest in her, but I was really friendly etc. The second time, a week later I invited her to do an assignment together, we got some work done but rest of the time we spent talking to each other. She is shy, as she never likes to make the first move, she is sat on her own most of the time, but once you get to know her she opens up.

Reason that she might like me.
    - she mirrored my movements, I rolled up my jumper sleeves and she did the same in an instance very quickly as well
    - I gave her one of my bracelets, and she took it and happily wore it.
    - When I asked about past boyfriend she seemed to go very quiet and seemed that she does not want to answer the question. But she would talk about all the boys she has rejected to go on dates.
    - She likes and laughs when I tease her, such as our joke about old people and women in power fetishes.
    -when I put My arm over her chair when she wants to show me something, she seems a little fidgety.
    -Once she would not show me her work because she felt it was not good enough, I put my hand on her hand by accident, she moved it away quickly and she looked at me.
    - she once hit me when I she couldn't reply to my teasing.
    -over text she will sometimes delay her reply by a long time, if I take A while to reply(this is due to me taking random naps and work not on purpose) but when she replies it will be bang on the hour or half an hour mark but twice she did not reply.
    - I was about to ask her out in person next time we met, but she could not make it. Most other girls who I am close friends with will just give shorts texts and not explain why they cant meet me. She gave reasons why she couldn't meet me and says she would like to do essays together next year
    - I asked if she wanted to go for a drink and inserted a joke about an incident she had last time she was out. She replied yes, but I am not sure.
    - the times we do essays together they are not spend productively but just chatting away
    - She text me on Christmas. Saying happy chrtimas, she did not reply my message.

Reason she may not like me ---------------------
    - sometimes she will not reply to my texts
    - she has only ever text first
    - She said she that she wants to do assignments together next year, does she mean she see me as a friend? we both know the two times we have been in the library we do no work at all.
    - She asked an question about an essay, which I had to help her or she would of failed it. she replied " what would I do without you" I said " I know, who else can I talk about fetishes with" she replied " I know right, I would be so lost without you".

should I ask her out
    So guys what do you think, does she have interest in me?
    I don't want to text her too much in the holidays, I don't want to be a text buddy, and it dries up conversations.

I asked her out over text before the 4 week holiday started.
    I write " we should go for drinks after the holidays" "just so can I see you be sick again and laugh at you"
    she replied "hey!!!!" yeah we should definelty meet up next semester"

She's not that into you.....yes friend zoned.

My analogy is: if you have to ask then the answer is no not interested.
    Last edited by smackie9; 02-01-15 at 08:24 AM.