+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Quick Question:

Quick Question:

Just wondering when a girl says that she may want to go out again later during a break up is this just as a means of concilliation or is she being genuine?

I personally think it is as a means of concilliation but I would be interested to hear what other people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne
    Just wondering when a girl says that she may want to go out again later during a break up is this just as a means of concilliation or is she being genuine?

I personally think it is as a means of concilliation but I would be interested to hear what other people think.
    i thnk she is just being nice to you,sorry

its bs man... i've heard that one a few too many times, ever happen? well, this one time, it, wait, no i'm sorry pal, but hey, look at the bright side, theres always hope, you can't rely on other people's experiences and/or advice, maybe you'll get lucky... so what i'm trying to say, is for me personally, the relationship has never resurfaced, but it may be different for you

This is a relationship I ain't really interested in resurfacing, because she broke up for pathetic reasons, so she is probably likely to do it again, if it ain't meant to be it aint meant to be.
    The reason for the question is im just interested in seeing the chances of her wanting to have another go.

awesome man, and ur right, if its not meant to happen, it won't. chances are slim unless she gets lonely

Hi Airborne

I think she might have gotten lonely or maybe she's having problems on the dating side and is looking for some male companionship. It looks like she might be missing you and that's always a fair ego boost

Hey, you know what i always wanted to do, but never did for some reason. When an ex (Who dumped me) asks me to go out with her, to actually DO go out with her and act so cool and friendly and flirty (like you do when you're out with a hot date) at the same time that she would badly want me back and then when she thinks she has me wrapped around her finger tell her sorry, "Not yours anymore" and simply walk away like i couldnt care less about her - because i couldnt care less for someone who dumped me to begin with. I reckon that would be such a bummer and would kinda let the ex know exactly what it feels like to be on the recieving end...

Good luck!!!
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Tone Guest
    Sounds like she wants to string you along, wants to make sure she has her backup plan incase she doesn't meet anyone new.

If she breaks up with you then she has ended your relationship on an emotional level. If she calls you up later for sex, then she is using you just for that. This is because you are no longer bf and gf and she is also looking for play from someone else.

She already has her back up, a friend of mine, and I will NEVER be anyone's backup, ever, he doesn't realise it though cause he wants to go out with her.

lol, I aint really looking to go out with her again, I was only interested in what people think when she mentions that she might want to try again during a break up. Because to be honest it's a line which has been said one ot many times so I thought it would be interesting to discuss it.

Ya I'll help in discussing this topic. I recently broke up with my girlfriend...actually she broke up with me. Like any guy, I was extremely disappointed and felt deeply disheartened, and when I asked her what she thought, she just said that there may be a chance in getting back together. Of course I knew this was just to soften the blow...because obviously no one wants to be responsible in anyone's sadness (unless you're a very sadistic bastard, in which case you're a bastard...and thanks a lot). So if any girl uses that line...be sure to recognize that it's not what they truly mean...it's just a way of softening the break up. Good luck people.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think that if you break up....there obviously is a reason why. If you tell the other person that you may want to get back together sometime in the future....I mean why break up to begin with? If you really are happy with someone and yet there are problems....usually if you really want to be with them you will try to work them out instead of actually breaking up with them.

So I think that is something someone says just to be nice....and comfort the person they are dumping.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....