View Poll Results: Did his parents make him dump me?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

1 100.00%
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did his parents make him dump me?

Did his parents make him dump me?

1) We dated for 4 months, got to know each other over the course of a year
    2) We're teens
    3) His reason for dumping me was that he just wasn't ready for a relationship, but he said that we could still be friends
    4) He seemed VERY INTO ME until one week prior to the break up, when he was a little less physically affectionate and didn't see me quite as often (but that could be because of parental intervention--see 9). When he was planning our last get-together (aka, when he dumped me), he seemed desperate to see me again (so either, he was DESPERATE TO DUMP ME or his parents were forcing him to ASAP)
    5) Up until MINUTES before the break up he texted me ALL throughout the day (as he always did after we started dating) asking about my opinions, interests, what I was up to, giving me updates about his life, saying good night, etc.
    6) I was recovering from surgery... so maybe he just texted all the time because he felt bad for me? We discussed many other things beyond how I was recovering though
    7) He bought me flowers about a week before the break up due to my injury
    8) He always kept up with doing me little favors/being a gentleman
    9) One of his parents (who he is VERY close to/who he allows to control nearly his ENTIRE life) made it clear they did not like me.
    10) He is very passive and aims to please his parents first and foremost

Do you think his parents made him dump me? Please be honest. Thank you!

Maybe but I guess ~ No! He dumped you so he could go to school a single person.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Awww that sucks. I know you want proper closure but there are times you don't find out right away....you will have to wait and see. If his parents are responsible it just goes to show you where his priorities are. Let it go, take time out from worrying about it so your heart can heal. There are more than one guy out there that wants to be your BF. It may look unlikely right now, but you will move on and meet someone new.