+ Follow This Topic

Thread: problem with my girlfriend

problem with my girlfriend

i have always been pushing my girlfriend to do things and set goals. i have always expected her to be around when i am around and be waiting on me. also i have expected her to really not have a social life only go out when i am out and if i am at home she should to. well now she needs her space she says. have i pushed her away she is talking that this relationship wont work anymore. she says she misses her friends. am i wrong please help me understand thank you

Talk to her. Let her have some place, you two shouldn't be attached at the hip. If you give her space, and she still doesn't think it will work then dump her and move on.

Sounds to me like your ****ed dude. You can't make your lady wait on you. It's not the 1920s anymore, and that shit doesn't fly now. Although it would be cool if it did. If you get back together with her, you've got to give her space and let her be with her friends sometimes and stuff. If it upsets her that she can't be with them, then don't keep her from them. People need to have fun on their own sometimes too. And don't push her now or harass her, because if you do I guarantee things will not work out.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Is she your gf or your personal robot? Seriously....you sound like you were too controlling. Its important in a relationship to let the person have their own space as well as you have your own space. If you expect her to be with you or wait on you.....all the time....then thats asking alot. Its not the 1950s anymore.

No wonder she wanted space.... And I kinda doubt she will take you back....unless you honestly do change. But keep this in mind for the future...when you get into another relationship.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

friends will always be a common problem , either its her friends or yours . PPl will always complain about the friends (usually)...

Don't cage her in , if she says she needs space , give her space . I know it might be hard for you right now , but if you want this relationship to work out , then you'll let her go out a little at least .if not , your gonna keep pushing her away . BUT , if she puts her friends before you , then SHE has a problem . you should talk to her about it if she always puts her friends as a priority over you .

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If any guy told me I couldn't hang out with my friends, I would leave him too.
    I mean yeah, its important that him and I spend time together but My friends are my friends.....they were around longer. I do think its fair to be able to hang out with them from time to time....

If she told you that you couldn't hang out with your friends, or go somewhere on your own....Im sure it would get on your nerves after awhile.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Quote Originally Posted by nelimit
    i have always been pushing my girlfriend to do things and set goals. i have always expected her to be around when i am around and be waiting on me. also i have expected her to really not have a social life only go out when i am out and if i am at home she should to. well now she needs her space she says. have i pushed her away she is talking that this relationship wont work anymore. she says she misses her friends. am i wrong please help me understand thank you
    This must be a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    This must be a joke.
    That's what I was thinking