+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A Follow Up On A Previous Thread

A Follow Up On A Previous Thread

(This Thread: [url]http://www.loveforum.net/t9324-please-help-me-become-more-interesting-to-others.html[/url])

Anyways, I've learned a lot so far. But I want to continue a different angle of the discussion in a new thread.

For example, let's say I am personality type A. And my friends (or people I come across in life) are personality type B. A = introvert. B = extrovert. Sometimes, I feel I'm not good enough for the B's. I don't act funny, loud, am not really creative, and I am very quiet around the B's. The B's probably think I am crazy/nuts.

Sometimes, I feel I need to make the B's interested in me. And to achieve this interest, I too have to act as a B - that's just how I feel. As much as I'd like to act as a B, it's just not within me. I'm just a quiet, shy guy. I get my business done - and that's that.

It's hard for me to let type B people connect with me, because I do not know how to keep them interested. Most of the time, I have nothing to say to type B people.

First, please let me know if you are a type A or type B person. And if you are type A, tell me if you understand what I'm talking about. If you are a type B, please tell me what you think of type A's and how you percieve type A's. I hope I havn't confused anyone. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    (This Thread: [url]http://www.loveforum.net/t9324-please-help-me-become-more-interesting-to-others.html[/url])

Anyways, I've learned a lot so far. But I want to continue a different angle of the discussion in a new thread.

For example, let's say I am personality type A. And my friends (or people I come across in life) are personality type B. A = introvert. B = extrovert. Sometimes, I feel I'm not good enough for the B's. I don't act funny, loud, am not really creative, and I am very quiet around the B's. The B's probably think I am crazy/nuts.

Sometimes, I feel I need to make the B's interested in me. And to achieve this interest, I too have to act as a B - that's just how I feel. As much as I'd like to act as a B, it's just not within me. I'm just a quiet, shy guy. I get my business done - and that's that.

It's hard for me to let type B people connect with me, because I do not know how to keep them interested. Most of the time, I have nothing to say to type B people.

First, please let me know if you are a type A or type B person. And if you are type A, tell me if you understand what I'm talking about. If you are a type B, please tell me what you think of type A's and how you percieve type A's. I hope I havn't confused anyone. Thanks again!
    I'm a bit of both so I don't know where I would land on the spectrum. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRose
    I'm a bit of both so I don't know where I would land on the spectrum. lol
    lol.

Is anybody here EITHER an A or B?

Depends on the situation. If I'm in class or running errands or something I'll be an introvert (A). Don't know the people around me, don't need to know em. I pride myself on self sufficiency and being able to just get my stuff done myself without being bothered with needless social contact. Doesn't make me unapproachable but I don't go out of my way to talk to people. However at work, around friends or at parties I turn into an extrovert (B). I open up and have fun and be extremely social when the situation is meant for it.

However it sounds mainly that your issue lies with self esteem rather than social preferences.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk_T_Strife
    However it sounds mainly that your issue lies with self esteem rather than social preferences.
    ****! how do people figure me out so fast! yeah, your right - end of discussion.

I gotta tell you, self esteem is a conditioned opinion. If you've told yourself or been told that you aren't worth anybody's time then it ends up coming true. But if you can see the good in yourself and condition yourself to know that's true then it becomes true. I used to have low self esteem too, just takes a while of getting to know yourself for your merits and making sure you realize your greatnesses to get rid of that.
    Heit ist mein taug.

lilwing89 Guest
    dude, **** it..

your wasting your whole life labelling yourself and others..how are you supposed to be happy???

My anxiety makes me an A, yet I have B tendencies. I'm in the middle.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn