+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What game is he playing?

What game is he playing?

I met this boy online. He was really attractive and I was rather surprised when he reached out to me. Anyway, we ended up meeting in person and I really enjoyed his company. We planned to meet up again other times but they never happened for whatever reason. sadly, we lost contact but I miss him. anyway, around the time we stopped talking, one of his friends decided to talk to me, and another one a month later. I had no interest in either one of his friends but decided to talk to them to see if maybe the boy had something to say to me. So when the first friend and I started talking he started asking me indirect questions about the boy but I didn't really give him an answer. Anyway, I eventually asked both of them why they decided to talk to me. The second friend said he wanted to "see what I was about" and after I asked, he stopped texting me. So now we don't talk. While the first friend played dumb and acted like he didn't know what I was talking about when I admitted that I did know know his friend. And now I'm just seriously confused. What does the boy have to say to me? And why is he hiding behind his friends? Or could it just me a coicendence that BOTH his friends just decided to talk to me?

Block and delete all there of them. Then forget they exist.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Sounds like the boy is using his friends to see if they can get the answers to questions he can't or won't ask himself. If you don't hear from him again it is probably a good thing. If he was truly interested in you he would be contacting you himself instead of playing games with his friends. Time to move on and find a worthy guy who will be confident in himself and show you the respect you deserve. Don't despair there are a lot of guys who will find you attractive (and I don't mean physical appearance only) and want to be with you. Dating is a numbers game so keep looking until you find the guy who meets your expectations and don't settle for anything less.

I agree with you nooktan, I think he is trying to get answers from me, because his friends were asking me for pictures. What I don't get is why he wouldn't just text me himself? It's not like we left off on a bad page. He is the one who didn't reply the last time we texted.

What difference does it make to you really? What would knowing why his friends on contacting you accomplish for you?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Obviously I want to know why and I have a right to know why someone would go out of thier way to get my attention. Knowing would help put my mind at ease.

How do you know "he's" going out of his way to get your attention? Perhaps he's just passing you around and his friends are trying to see if you're a "goer?"

My point you may ask? Forget trying to figure any of them out and distance yourself from their bullshit. If you want to exercise your "right" to know what someone is doing then first you have to know that they are actually doing anything. You've yet to ascertain that "he's" even aware of what the other two are doing.

What will actually ease your mind is taking back your personal power and blocking and deleting any of them from contacting you or viewing your profile(s).
    Last edited by Wakeup; 26-01-15 at 10:16 AM.

He could be passing me around but then again why would the first friend ask me if I knew a boy in queens, what is his name?, and then tell me that he probably knows him. And if they did want to see if I was a "goer" why has one of them stopped texting me after I asked what his reason was for talking to me, and why would the other block me and unfollow me on social media. And him just bothering to "pass me around" must mean something because if I cut someone off, I cut them off for good. I don't bother getting my friends to ask them questions or try to sleep with them. A lot of this doesn't add up. But I get your point. There's no use worrying about it.

Why, why, why, why... yes there is no point worrying about it.

What is it that you WISH it all meant? Or, on another track: What is it that you fear?

I think my fear is exactly what you said, about being passed around.

Well, if it was (you'll never really know and that is why worrying about it is just a waste of your good energy) you did exactly the right thing and now they're gone.

Time to stop worrying about it.

Thanks for the advice! Youre right, I'll probably never find out why, but what if he sends another friend my way? I've just noticed ANOTHER one of his friends has followed me on social media.

Just let it go and move on. It doesn't really matter why they are playing the games they play. Learn from it for the next time you see a similar situation so you won't get frustrated once again. There are lots of fish in the sea as the saying goes, so you will no doubt see it again unless you settle for nothing less than what it is you want out of a relationship with a guy and keep looking for the guy who will provide it for you. Just be yourself and the rest will fall into place.

Quote Originally Posted by Funjessica View Post
    Thanks for the advice! Youre right, I'll probably never find out why, but what if he sends another friend my way? I've just noticed ANOTHER one of his friends has followed me on social media.
    Just block whoever you notice is following you that is somehow connected to him.

This is getting pretty ridiculous, no? Should I just contact him and ask him? This is really childish behavior. I knew he was immature but this is too much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast