+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love, attraction = issues

Love, attraction = issues

Okay, so the reason why I haven't made the thread title more specific, is because I'd like to address 2 separate issues in this thread. The first issue is a complicated one.

My cousin's cousin (so I guess you could say, not related to me in anyway as we do not share grandparents and I am not related to her other than through my cousin) is very attractive and I have had an attraction to her for some time. But here's the thing, she is four years younger than me (I am 20, she is 16). As such, I am very hesitant to act not only because of age, but because of what the family might say (I don't have a "conservative" family, but still wouldn't know what they would say). That said, I just can't seem to shake said attraction. What do I do?

2nd issue is a less complicated one. I go to my local RSL club a minimum of 2 times a week, sometimes 4 times a week and sometimes more. There is this girl that works there in the restaurant that is the same age as me. She is quite attractive, I find it very easy to talk to her and I certainly wouldn't mind if our relationship was more than her just taking my order when I have dinner in the restaurant.

I think I have caught her looking at me a couple of times, but perhaps this could have been my imagination, I don't know. What do I do here? I must add that I am very shy (except when it comes to politics lol).

Just ask her out. The worse thing she could say is "no" or make up some excuse that she can't. Big deal!

As for the cousin's cousin. Stop hanging out where she will be and consciously change the subject in your mind to something else when she pops into your thoughts. You don't need the complications and drama when there are plenty, plenty, plenty attractive women out in the world... set out to find one of them that can go to an adult venue with you.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Agree w wakeup re your cousins cousin. Pls leave that one alone. Otherwise, you should start taking a risk and asking out a lot of girls. The more u do it, the more ull realize its not the end of the world to be rejected. Soon enough you won't be so afraid.

Point taken re: Cousin's cousin.

There is this good artist (singer) I like that plays at the RSL every 2 months. Perhaps ask her to sit with me one night when he is playing?

If that is what will make you feel most comfortable doing then yes, do that. No, on second thought, don't ask her to join you at the venue she works at. Instead ask her out to something else away from her job and the prying eyes of her employer.

Tell her you'd like to take her out to have lunch/dinner/bite to eat/a drink/pizza/whatever, something else other then that club and where she works.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 27-01-15 at 08:01 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion