+ Follow This Topic

Thread: confused, not sure how to express my feelings

confused, not sure how to express my feelings

I'm trying to figure out exactly how to express my feelings to my recent boyfriend. We have hung out/dated just as a friend with benefits relationship for the past year on and off. I had just gotten out of a bad relationship with a very controlling jealous ex. I told this new guy I wasn't ready for a relationship, Ive never really been single for very long. I wanted to take time to try and find myself and figure out who I am and what I want at the start. And he has 2kids and an ex wife That split up a year ago. About 3 weeks ago, we made it official that we were exclusive. I thought I was ready, thought that I would be happier with a partner. But I think I w as just lonely and naive that it would do that for me. He's a great guy and hadn't pressured me into anything. I felt he deserved a commitment from mr. But I feel like I'm falling into old patterns, feeling obligated to see him every day Etc. I realized I enjoyed not being accountable to anyone but myself. to go out when I wanted or stay home. I have been tempted to cheat as well, because I'm not satisfied sexually. I know that's superficial tho. I did not do that bc i don't want to hurt him obviously....how do I tell him I care for him but my mindset just isn't ready for a relationship and settling down to family life at 24yrs old. Do I just be honest and break it off completely. I'd like it to go back to the way it was before. It's not fair to him that I have these feelings and doubts tho. I feel stupid for agreeing to it. He doesn't deserve an emotionally unavailable person

Be honest and end things completely. He might be willing to go back to the way things were before but that's not fair to him.