+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is there a chance for a relationship here? Does this girl like me?

Is there a chance for a relationship here? Does this girl like me?

I'm looking for a little advice on a situation I'm in with a girl. It's kind of odd and I don't know if it's leading anywhere or not.

About a week ago a made a post on the casual encounters section of Craigslist (yes, I know how icky that is lol). The last girl I was with loved sexting, and although I decided to end it with her I definitely missed that aspect of our relationship. It was fun, something to spice the day up a little bit. So I made a post looking for someone to exchange naughty messages with. I didn't really expect to get a response, and even if I did I didn't think it would lead anywhere real. I was just looking for someone to have a little fun with.

Well, to my surprise I got a response. We started texting a week ago. It started out with the usual getting to know each other stuff but quickly turned sexual. It was fun and exciting and we both enjoyed ourselves. We talked again the next night. Like the previous night, things started out tame and eventually heated up.

We've talked almost every day since. Sometimes it's sexual, other nights we've just chatted about ourselves and our lives and got to know each other better. I mentioned at one point that I think she has the potential to me more than just a sexting buddy, and she said she felt the same way about me.
    However, yesterday she said she got some unexpected news. She had been accepted into a program she had applied for and would be leaving town. A little disappointing for sure, but not life shattering since I haven’t even met this girl yet. I said I was happy for her and wished her luck and figured things were done between us.

It turns out though that she’ll only be gone 1-3 months, depending on how things go. She’ll have no internet access and limited internet during her time there, but asked if she could contact me when she got back. I said sure, but I told her if she did, and assuming I’m still single, then she’d have to be willing to go on an actual date with me (a real date, not a hook up) as I didn’t want to be texting forever and I wanted to actually see if there was anything between us.
    She seemed really happy that I’d still be interested in talking to her and said that was a reasonable request. She didn’t come out and say she would go on a date with me, but she didn’t shoot me down either.

Anyways, this is where we’re at now. She leaves in a week and I realize I may never talk to her after that (she could meet someone, I could meet someone, or she just changes her mind about me for whatever reason). And that’s fine. I’m just curious for another opinion on all this. Things have gotten more serious with this girl than I originally intended. Is there potential for a relationship here? Is she actually interested in me or just interested in talking dirty? Will things ever progress passed texting?

As I side note, she said that despite our dirty conversations she’s not one to sleep around. So I’m assuming if we did start seeing each other in person she wouldn’t just be looking for a hookup.

Any thoughts on all this?

I wouldn't be suggesting any potential until the two of you have actually met face to face. It's entirely possible that the two of you meet and find no chemistry.

When she returns, if you're single ask her on a date. If she says 'yes' take it from there. If she says 'no' then move on. Truth is though, it's far to early to be able to think anything about the possible future of this.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

She's probably a catfish, sorry to say. Has she described exactly what this program is? Have you skyped with her, talked on the phone or gotten any evidence that shes who she say she is or even a woman? Seems like things got a little too real for her and she's purposely backing away to keep you at a distance. That would be my bet.

Why haven't you met up so far? Seems a bit strange that she couldn't find a couple of hours spare.