+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did I sleep with him too soon??

Did I sleep with him too soon??

I'll try and make a long story short. I've been single a month now. I've been friends with this guy for the past year now. I'd always vent to him about my relationship problems. He'd always tell me I deserve better than my ex. We got together last night and I slept with him. We've always known we've been attracted to each other. I asked him if he wanted to come over again tonight and he said he was just gonna stay in. I feel like he's not on the same page anymore now. I'm not expecting to date him or be in a relationship with him it's just nice to have somebody there. So is he uninterested now? Or playing it cool..

If you go back to your ex because this guy has done the fade on you, I'll come there and kick you in the ass. Don't even call your ex who you left because you say you had "problems" with. Those problems won't have miraculously disappeared just because the new guy you fvcked has disappeared.

You were fine staying with your boyfriend until you started having an emotional affair with this douche who you didn't wait to do and is, as it appears so far, not all that interested in you as a steady girlfriend.

Yes... you slept with him too soon.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

If he was a good friend you shouldn't have slept with him at all -- no too soon in that equation, never is more like it. He probably finds things weird now, so wait it out.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

"Sex too soon" usually relates to the idea of destroying a potential relationship. But you don't see yourself dating him or being in a relationship with him - so I'm wondering where the 'too soon' thing comes in. Too soon for what?

I think he's likely avoiding you because your friendship will get all awkward. Sleeping with a friend is one of the best ways to destroy a friendship. It never ends well.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Sounds like another case of someone not knowing how to be single and alone so keeps settling for whatever they can get.. instead of waiting for the right person to come along.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    "Sex too soon" usually relates to the idea of destroying a potential relationship. But you don't see yourself dating him or being in a relationship with him - so I'm wondering where the 'too soon' thing comes in. Too soon for what?

I think he's likely avoiding you because your friendship will get all awkward. Sleeping with a friend is one of the best ways to destroy a friendship. It never ends well.

I don't think they were "friends" other then what "friends" who are leading up having an affair are "friends."
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Ask him and be honest on what you feel.

I agree, really talk to him, if he is your friend you'll find a good solution for both of you