+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is there any hope left? Want to get her back. (Long read)

Is there any hope left? Want to get her back. (Long read)

It has been 2 months since my 4 year old gf broke up with me. I want to get her back but Im not sure if it will work. It was so strange. I am 21, she is 20, we met when we were 17. We were each others first gf/bf. When we were dating for 2 years, we had some issues because some guy wanted to date her, i freaked out and lost my trust in her, I started to become more and more indifferent and my gifts to her and the flowers i gave her every month, were gone. Since then things were not ok. So she decided to take a time apart 2 years after things were not perfect, (last september) they were ok. I was not that heartbroken and honestly was a little relieved. During this time, i realized she was the one, probable want to marry her in the future, so i decided to change, i decided to trust in her again, regain my trust and love her as i never did. She agreed, and told me she missed me a lot. And that she wanted to get back. Everything was perfect, we haven't been this happy in a long time, our relationship felt fresh but yet filled with great memories. Suddenly, on November she sent me a message and she told she didn't want anything with me. I was so confused and went to see her that night. We talked and everything was fine again. We went to dinner the next night and it was the happiest dinner of our lives, she looked so happy, and two days later she told me again that she didn't want anything. I assumed her girlfriends had something to do, they don't know me.

It has been 2 months since my 4 year old gf broke up with me. I want to get her back but Im not sure if it will work. It was so strange. I am 21, she is 20, we met when we were 17. We were each others first gf/bf. When we were dating for 2 years, we had some issues because some guy wanted to date her, i freaked out and lost my trust in her, I started to become more and more indifferent and my gifts to her and the flowers i gave her every month, were gone. Since then things were not ok. So she decided to take a time apart 2 years after things were not perfect, (last september) they were ok. I was not that heartbroken and honestly was a little relieved. During this time, i realized she was the one, probable want to marry her in the future, so i decided to change, i decided to trust in her again, regain my trust and love her as i never did. She agreed, and told me she missed me a lot. And that she wanted to get back. Everything was perfect, we haven't been this happy in a long time, our relationship felt fresh but yet filled with great memories. Suddenly, on November she sent me a message and she told she didn't want anything with me. I was so confused and went to see her that night. We talked and everything was fine again. We went to dinner the next night and it was the happiest dinner of our lives, she looked so happy, and two days later she told me again that she didn't want anything. I assumed her girlfriends had something to do, they don't know me.

I was in finals, so we waited for me to finish a tough one. She didn't spoke for at least 3 weeks. I stupidly messaged her without control. Then, by the end of November, she told i limited her and told me she wanted to try new things. She didn't want anything. But she told me there was no one else. We cried a lot, because we were going to be 4 years by the end of the year, and I left, I begged. The next night I discovered your site. Followed your instructions, except on Twitter, I stalked her and we tweeted innuendos for each other. BIG MISTAKE!

I didn't message her until i saw she started dating 3 weeks after we broke up. I lost control and thank her of everything. BIG MISTAKE. She started to tweet how she was doing great and stuff. A week later, the day after Christmas, she told me she didn't want any contact, and didn't want us to be friends after everything that we lived. I replied on New Years Eve, and talked my feelings, about this other guy(she dated him on new Years Eve and several days before) i told her that i felt cheated because she told me there was no one ese, and i felt like she hadn't had a hard time with the break up. She didn't replied. I waited until two weeks and message her, even though she is still seeing this guy. No response. I went to her house last Thursday. She didn't open, but her father did. He told me she wasn't ready to talk. I told him what I wanted, i wanted to know if this was her final decision or if is there any hope left. Because i can't stop thinking there is not a chance, but deep inside i know there might be one. Im confused. He told me she hasn't been that good, and that he appreciated that i showed interest in her, that i should give her time. Time is what i don't want to give to this other guy. But i don't know. I talked with her parents that night and they told me that they were going to try to tell her to talk to me. That they didn't know for sure if there might be any hope left or not. And told me that i was a great guy. That i should be strong. They gave me hope. But im not sure.

What do you think? During this time I know the possibility of not getting back, and i am seeing a therapist, I know i **** up during my time with her, didn't fully appreciate her but i Changed, and when everything was great she decided to break up. What should I do?? I am not as heartbroken as before, but iknow i can beat this other guy and get her back if she talks to me.
    What should I do?

Get OFF your computer and quit talking about her and staling her on social media and start to do things that will introduce you to other girls that are single and looking for a partner. You have been with her since you were 17 years old and it's time to experience life as a single for a while.

If you two are meant to be together then she will contact you in the future but do not wait around for that to happen while you keep your mind focused on her. She's not your gf anymore and that's all you need to accept in order to move on and start to enjoy your life without her in it.

Stop contacting her. The more you do that and she doesn't respond, the longer you will hurt and feel desperate to have her.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion