+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valentines day ~ anyone care, still do special stuff with loveys or just another day?

Valentines day ~ anyone care, still do special stuff with loveys or just another day?

This will be my first real doing something relationship special, gone to movies before, got junk food, hung out with friends & whatever guy I was dating ~ but never went to a nice restaurant before & I never bought or got gifts before only the occasionally v-day cards.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Man, if I don't there'll be hell to pay R O F L -- which is what I don't like about that forced - show - me - how - much - you - care - about - me day.

Going out for dinner, buying roses [ because it is her favorite type of flowers ] and then her choice of drinks and dancing after [ not my choice at all for the dancing ] but it is a group of 6 doing that after dinner activity.

Have a good time for yours, breathe.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

When in a relationship we usually went to dinner and a movie and I either got flowers or candy. This year I am single so I am treating myself to hopefully Fifty Shades of Grey movie with my Gf's and some late meal with drinks after so we can discuss the movie. My mom will give me a card, hehe? and probably Valentine chocolate box.

Have a wonderful date night for your Valentine's Day with your Bf.

- - - Updated - - -

“The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Thanks, Jffs24 & lovebroken for answering this thread & for the Vday wishes for me & my guy Hope you both enjoy your days too.

You don't like to dance, Jffs24? slow dances are nice ~ no?

I love your mom gives you vday candies, & card, lovebroken, my parents never gave me anything for that day, only for Easter.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Quite right. Make your Valentine's a helluva one and remember you're in a relationship which makes you 10x more important than us dateless blunders. Don't take it for granted.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Nah, can't be bothered with Valentines Day. I prefer to appreciate what we have every day rather than on a specific holiday.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Thanks, YoungCosmo ~ this will be first legit adult kind of Vday celebration for me so I hope it will be great & memorable to look back on. You can go do something like lovebroken is doing ~ go out with other single friends to drink or eat or a movie, I did that last year myself.

I won't take it for granted, wise words, thank you & have a great day.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I don't think single friends go out on Valentine's. Most singles I know plan on drinking alone on V-Day..
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

Sorry, I didn't see your post when replying to Young Cosmo ~ Thanks for answering the thread.

My older sister feels the same way, she said they have better things to spend money on then a fake holiday ~ so they order take out & rent a movie & stay in. But I am excited because it's my first real vday to celebrate.
    I bought him a nice phone cover, one I know he'll love as my gift to him & a lovey dovey card.

Hope you & your loved one have a great day too.

- - - Updated - - -

@ Young Cosmo hit the clubs or bars with the guys then, mock all the lovebirds. I bought a red dress, it's all out vday for me
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

[MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION], Thanks -- and no, guys aren't meant for dancing, imo. I am usually up for one slow and one fast one of her choice and that is my limit, the rest she can dance with her girlfriendss who are going to while the guys sit, drink and talk.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

I am spending my vday with my best female friend since my fiance is travelling abroad. But we already celebrated vday early. I am skyping with him on vday.
    Last edited by fearoflove; 14-02-15 at 03:18 PM.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Im working all weekend so wont really be celebrating properly but were gonna go for dinner next weekend. We got each other small gifts and gonna book a night away soon. Im 5months pregnant so this is our last valentines just the two of us but we have so much to do in the next few months that we both agreed small presents this year and a date night
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Wow, had no idea, michelle. Congrats!

I spent it on a trip away for over a week with some of my best single GFs, laying on a beach, drinking tropical drinks and picking up a awesome winter tan.

Hope you had a special time, breathe123, and it was something to cherish.

I never got to that movie on Valentine's Day, one of my friends had a car accident that same day and some of us who were to go to the movie went to the hospital instead in that evening, so all we ended up doing was going out for a extremely late dinner together and had some expensive hot chocolate. My mom did give me a hello kitty stuffed toy with chocolates
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast