+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Possibly non-stereotypical likes girl but became friend thing

Possibly non-stereotypical likes girl but became friend thing

Ok, so here's the deal. (Prepare for long rant. Not sure whether first paragraph is THAAAT important, but meh, I need all the help I can get, not gonna let anything pass by)

There's this girl (isn't there always...) on whom I (obviously) crush on. So I've had these feelings for her for around 2 years now, beginning from 2013 actually. So in the first 6 months or so we were acquaintances say, who spent most weekday mornings till bout 1,2 pm in one room except for possible 10 to 15 minutes away. The second six months in 2013 we became slightly more friendly, just slightly. Next year first 3-4 months same level, but afterwards we became more friendly. By say October last year, I'd say we were friends, I mean, we didn't talk everyday, but when we did, it was pretty friendly. Almost all of November, I didn't see her, cause we were both isolated for a reason I won't mention. Mid December we see each other daily for another two weeks or so, and we have extremely friendly conversations on a few days, and none or fleeting conversations on the others. So after that I didn't see her for another month or so. In that time, I managed to set up a few conversations with her on Google hangouts. I met her again at this dance, and I have a slight issue with dances, something beyond this, and she asked me to dance, and I said "No No, I don't dance. I don't like to dance. No No. I don't like it. I don't dance. I don't like dancing" over and over again, without even looking at her face. This happened twice. She asked me twice, and being me, I refused twice. And in a few days, when I next talked to her on Google, I left her a message apologizing profusely, but she didn't respond to THAT, but we instead talked about other stuff. And then I kind of told her I wanted a phone date with her, somehow manged to delete the message, and then went on a rant about running away being half an ostrich eating wolves or some rubbish. In short, I panicked. But in the end of that, I ended up telling her that I've had feelings for her for some time. She told me, as she had told others (as I just had remembered) that she wasn't going to start any relationships or anything i=until something she was doing for two years was over. Kind of logical if you knew what it was. So then I asked her to forget that and just tell me what she thought of me, and she said "Well I haven't really thought of you in that way". And for some reason, THEN I felt like I got real smooth, and I told her that it was quite alright, and that we should keep thongs not awkward between us. After that all of our online conversations have been real short cause now she's got her mornings all busy, and she can only access the internet from one specific place, which she doesn't get to go that often because of her mornings.

So that was just background. My questions are:

1. At the end of her non-relationship period, should I ask her out?
    2. How should I continue my conversations with her until such time?
    3. I'll probably get to meet her again somewhere in March. What should I do then?
    4. Should I try to repair a strained friendship, but be more of a supportive guy, or tell her a few personal stuff(which actually are my thoughts about helping friends and stuff, by even sacrificing my own time, about helping total strangers, and about how I support my young Autistic brother all the time. Which are all quite true)
    5. Should I just give up and try to move on, or keep hope in it (while also making myself better), or merely use it as a reason to make myself a better person overall?
    6. And any other advice you can give regarded to my situation.

Thanks in advance!

Well we all ought stride towards being the best version of ourselves possible. Bottom line is this: your crushing hard on her but she has told you she hasn't thought of you in that way. Hard medicine to take but at least she's not a stringer alonger. (spelling)
    You sound like a swell guy. You must know that when we meet one who is a good match for us, things happen naturally and without added stresses of too many doubts. It is difficult to say the least and imply much more when the object of one's affection does not reciprocate in return; at least, not as much as we'd like.
    If you continue to crush on one who isn't that kind of match for you, you put yourself into a very tough road to haul and I would suggest you gather your britches, remember who you are and all you have to offer to the right lady.
    This lady may be a friend, sure, a good person you've shared some good moments with but please be careful to guard your heart and keep it safe.
    Just because she may not be your match in that extra special way doesn't mean she can't be a friend, so long as you don't hope for more. For if you do, you set yourself up for possible serious hurt and this isn't fair on you at all.

Take a step back, take her off the pedestal and treat her as you would any other buddy. Share as you would with a friend and have no expectations other than being treated well. Keep your heart safe. When it is the right match, both of you will just know and nothing will stand in your way.