+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: One Night Stands - when single - the pluses and minuses involved?

Quote Originally Posted by smarta$$ View Post
    (rolling eyes) That's not my point... Fearoflove's obnoxious stereotypes about Americans are annoying and easily argued against without doing extensive research. I will save the PhD level research for more serious topics (but will defer such effort to those who require such in-depth investigation for ridiculous arguments).
    ... ...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I had one one night stand and the guy I was with I found out later had slept with three of my friends too. I think he had a list of us girls and was going through each one, some weren't happy about it, but it is sad and funny all in one if you think about it. He was a nice looking guy, so not sure why he was going through all of us, maybe just horny.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    It can be both, easily. I'll just leave it at that.
    Of course it CAN be both. Just like a baby CAN be your next meal. Doesn't mean I recommend it for that purpose.
    They see indoctrination and they call it "morality", "professionalism", or "maturity" depending on the context.

Yes but it would help ME out big time. It seems like the healthy normal development for men is have lots of casual sex with attendant wild sex stories so then they grow up looking and getting commitment, their wild days were in the past and those past days and experience led them to heathily settle into commitment. It just looks like lots of sex while young is very healthy and barring extremely conservative areas is the right way a man should live to become a real man
    Sex is like a ritual towards becoming a man. How often do you see sexless men and think offbthem as men? They're always looked at as choirboy weirdo losers who are good at their jobs and nothing else.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Yes but it would help ME out big time. It seems like the healthy normal development for men is have lots of casual sex with attendant wild sex stories so then they grow up looking and getting commitment, their wild days were in the past and those past days and experience led them to heathily settle into commitment. It just looks like lots of sex while young is very healthy and barring extremely conservative areas is the right way a man should live to become a real man
    Sex is like a ritual towards becoming a man. How often do you see sexless men and think offbthem as men? They're always looked at as choirboy weirdo losers who are good at their jobs and nothing else.
    You sound like you're confusing the chicken with the egg. The guys you're talking about aren't the way they are because they're being deprived of their medicine (sex), they're deprived of sex because they're the way they are.

We've had this discussion before and everything both of us say leads me to the same conclusion every time. Long story short, if you consistently got laid you would still be the same guy with the same problems and the same demons in life, you would just have them in addition to some pussy here and there. This could perhaps help you cope a little with some of your other problems, which would be a little better but life would eventually forcefeed you the limitations of just how much happiness that can really bring you. Here's a hint: It's not as much as you think.

And with all of that having been said there's still the catch 22 that the fact that you are as emotionally unhealthy as you are is what stops you from having the relationship/sexual success you desire moreso than the other way around. The only women who want a broken man want to suck them dry, and not in a hot way.
    They see indoctrination and they call it "morality", "professionalism", or "maturity" depending on the context.

Just going to bump this for dollhouse because she might wanna answer on here and in a day or some it will be locked.
    Cheers.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567