+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fight or Give up, 4-year relationship

Fight or Give up, 4-year relationship

Hello. This has been my confusion for months now. I am in a 4 year relationship with a good man. We were happy way back college. But things changed. I don't know if I should stay or leave. He's getting a vocational course and I am supporting him financially. My problem is i don't see any characteristics of a husband material in him. He is very dependent. I think its my fault also. I let him depend on me in all things. I didn't realize the effect in the future. Now, i am confused. I don't want to stay and regret. Also, his attitude changed because he hasn't found job for too long. I support him now because he needs me now. I am starting to think if what will be the scenario in the future. Pls help me. I need an advice. Thanks.

So what if the roles were turned around and he was the one supporting you so you could get an education that will later give you a stable career and be better off financially??

Just tell him to get a flippin job and work with him to get one. And then start telling him things are gonna change simple as that....or you are out.

I assume you're living together. If you're supporting him financially, how does he contribute to the household? Is he the perfect househusband or is he completely unmotivated?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Talk to him about your problem and you both together should find out the solution of this problem.