+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can he feel the same way and not want to marry me ?!

Can he feel the same way and not want to marry me ?!

Long story short...boyfriend and i together 6 years, living together alittle over 3. he always said at least together 5 years we get engaged but that didn't happen. Now we finally looking for own place he has excuse why its not good. A few months back he told me if we could be engaged we would be today, but yesterday he said he perfer if he got his car turbo'd up and on our own before he proposes, he doesn't want to propose while living with family. Obviously im upset, i don't think he feels same way. He says he wants to live me and marry me, that i'm wrong, he is ready just wants is car stuff out of the way and for us to be on our own feet. If he had to leave the car out of it then i would understand or say it was something that was urgent for the car to get done.

My family thinks im sort of overreacting because if everything is good why ruin it with engagement/marriage. Its not even about that...it is but it isn't. He is putting his car before me and want him to focus on us being in adult relationship. also if we were to get engaged i would not even care for a ring or huge wedding, i love him and want to run away now and marry him. I have been telling him this for years.

Am i being insecure and dumb for getting the vibe he just doesn't love me the same way?

How old are you two?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Hon, my answer is still the same as the last two times you asked this question. Suggest you go back and re-read your old posts.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

He isn't that into you, you need to move on.

26 and 27. Yes i know we should be able to talk about this stuff, but why is it that everyone i know think i should just not? because it will push him away...um yeah ..shouldn't i be in on our future together? lol

I talked to my bf yesterday and he says i misunderstood him, our plan is our plan still...he wants to engaged as soon as we get own place because he feels his sisters will give us shit for living with family and engaged and they will just make big deal over it...and yeah i can see that..then he says end of next year or beginning of 2017 we will get married. He just meant he wanted to get his car out of the way in between their some how.

Have you asked him about when he plans on when you'll have children?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion