+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Having a problem with a very complicated relationship

Having a problem with a very complicated relationship

Im a 24 years old, male who is having a problem with a very complicated relationship.

I've been with a woman from China for about 5 months now. Met her at my school when we started in august 2014. Right from the start we liked each other.
    She is living with her ex-husband in a shared apartment, whom she's not been together with for about 1 year now, because he's stuck and don't do anything. ( He still likes her, that s why he s still staying with her, trying to make it good again)
    She lives with him because of Visa reasons. She needs to finish her school, so she can apply for it with her school as the fundament, instead of her broken marriage.

I am very, very jealous by nature. The last 2 months of our relationship, I've spend 8-10 hours everyday dealing with thoughts about her, being with him,
    our common friends and so forth.. But of course mostly him. It sucks my energy out and leaves me nothing but a shitty sadness and emptiness.

The first 3 months was the best months of my life and then I started getting really, really into her. I would dare to say I love her. That's of course when it turn a little bad, because I didn't wanna lose her.
    In the start she told me a lot about how bad a person she can be. How, if it is needed, she will go back with her ex-husband, go back to China.. So forth.

The last 2 months have been really hard. I know she is under a lot of pressure, but she barely has no time for me. In the moment Im writing this, its 1 month since
    we slept together. Not having sex, that's a week ago. But just having a nice sleepy night together, which we had often a while ago.

She have promised me deeply that she will tell me if anything changes, but that doesn t change my jealousy.

I told her everything about how I have to deal with my jealousy everyday and she accepted that to a deegre that she can.

I feel a little like there is a chance that they are back together again, but that she is afraid to tell me about it, because she is afraid of my reaction.
    I would of course never do anything to hurt her, neither physically or verbally. But she has seen how emotional I can be and Im just feeling like she is
    keeping something important from me. She never speaks to me about him, and from what I've noticed her relationship seems better than when I met her.

I know this might come out as a pile of jeaulous bullshit, but bare with me.

I will speak to her about all this tomorrow. I just want to know what you guys think I could do, and maybe how I can handle it.
    Right now it seems a little overwhelming for me.

I can't comment on the "VISA issues" but as a divorcee... When my ex and I split we had separate residences within 3 months. Any longer than 6 months and to me that says that one or both parties have issues moving on.
    After reading your story it seems to me that you are being played as "option 2" in case something goes haywire for her in ther current housing status.