+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hot and cold texting

Hot and cold texting

You met a new guy and things are doing well (we're not in a committed relationship but have told that we will be casual and see where it goes kinda thing for now). At a busy time in my life, he is also. So communication has been through texting (we video chatted once) and will be for the next 2 months or so as I have exams and need to focus. Its like one minute he is all nice and talking a lot, the next he is still nice but texts way less and sometimes doesn't respond within a couple good 4-8 hours. Is he really busy or is he just keeping me on the burner? I never start conversations rarely, 90% of time he starts them. So it just leaves me perplexed of why he starts and if I say something (briefly back) takes ages to hear from him. Is he confused maybe and seeing how he feels about me? I am giving him total space and all, not being needy or anything am I?

The problem isn't him - it's you. Getting concerned over text gaps of 4-8 hours is unreasonable. He's busy, you're busy and life can't revolve around texting.

How about calling each other once a day and having a voice good chat?

- - - Updated - - -

Another suggestion: If you really prefer text over voice, say to him "I know that sometimes text conversations start and then life gets in the way. But so that I'm not semi-waiting for a text, could you just send me a quick message to let me know you'll be dropping out of the conversation for a while?" Something like "later" works fine.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Thanks for the tip. Ya I have other things in life. Guess when people are crushing on someone we tend to over analyze. I did suggest we talk so guess we'll see where that goes.