+ Follow This Topic

Thread: whats a dinner date

whats a dinner date

so this girl i'm really into was talking to me. i asked what she'd doing tomorrow night and she said she has a "dinner date"

ok what does that mean? is it a date with a guy or could it be shes meeting a friend for dinner

like they made plans a few weeks ago and its just called a dinner date?

It could be either. I find I'm sad for you because you didn't have the guts to just ask her.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Why don't you just ask her? If you are interested in a girl and worried she is already taken, then you should figure out in a sense her relationship status.

Agreed with the rest here. It could be either. It really could mean just about anything. Could mean she has a steady boyfriend and they are going on a dinner date, could mean it is a first/early date with a guy she is just getting to know, could mean it is a "dinner date" with a friend, family member or co-worker, could mean she's secretly an alien warrior from a distant planet meeting with other alien warriors to discuss plans to invade Earth and enslave the entire human race as their pets.... Okay, so maybe that last one is a little less likely.

Bottom line, if you like her just ask her out. If it turns out that she already has a relationship, then if she's a halfway decent person she'd just say thank you but I have a boyfriend. No harm in that. If she doesn't take it well like she has a boyfriend and expected you to just somehow psychically know that, then she's a jerk and you found out good and early that you are better off without somebody like that in your life anyway.

You won't know unless you ask. Trust me, I know that is easier said than done, but it is the only way to find out.