+ Follow This Topic

Thread: why do people fight to keep the relationship going?

why do people fight to keep the relationship going?

When one break up with the other, sometmes the other fights to keep the relationship going. Trying to buy her love, or beg or plead to keep it going.

Why is this?'

Lack of self-confidence? Fear of being alone?

I've ended 3 relationships, 1 girl begged for me but I didn't take her back

I've been dumped 3 times. 1 gir i begged and pleaded to get back. The difference between her and the other 2 was I was in love with her. I could see myself marrying and starting a family with her

Did i beg and plead for her because I was in love?

Begging and pleading doesn't equate to love. Heck, someone can beg and plead for a relationship not to end for all kinds of reasons. Yes, love can be one of those reasons - but there are plenty of other reasons too.

My own view on why people fight for relationships not to end? It's because they don't understand that a good relationship needs two people who BOTH want to give it their all. If one needs to beg the other to stay, then it's all doomed anyway.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

The begging and bargaining attempts are often a pain avoidance. You're not at the stage of acceptance, or facing a future that doesn't include them.

It's just one of the phases we go through when a relationship ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Photog View Post
    The begging and bargaining attempts are often a pain avoidance. You're not at the stage of acceptance, or facing a future that doesn't include them.

It's just one of the phases we go through when a relationship ends.

^^^ this! Stick around Photog. You're good!
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

If you really want to get a girl back, the last thing you should do is beg or plead.

Think of the beggar on the street. Would you take notice of him/her? Would you find the beggar attractive? It's all human psychology.

By begging/pleading with the girl, it's not going to make things work. It's just going to make you seem less desirable.

What you need to do her is be cool, calm and gentle. Tell her you love her but if this is what she wants, then there's nothing you can do about it.

Being cool makes you look more attractive and desirable, and makes the girl more willing to be back with you. It's all a matter of science.

I know it's hard to believe. But begging ain't going to work
    formysweetheart.com <---unbelievably romantic gift ideas