+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Keeping a secret that GF's parents told me, from GF

Keeping a secret that GF's parents told me, from GF

Hi guys and gals,

I am needing your advice on this.

First of all, I am Buddhist and my girlfriend's family is Christian, like... hard out Christians, to a point where they see other religions/Gods as Demons, including Buddha, whom I pray to for guidance.

Anyway, here's the situation that I need your advice on.

I live with my gf and her parents. and today, while my gf was away, her parents came to talk to me. They asked me to leave the house for several days because they want to pray for my gf who seem to be having a lack of energy over the past 2 weeks. They believe that it is a demon possessing her that is sapping away at her energy and that she might eventually die from it. And they believe that by having me around the house and near her, they can't perform prayers to get the demon out of her effectively. According to them, my Buddhist demon talks to her demon and makes her demon stronger. So if they were to perform the prayer, they have to make sure that I do not contaminate their home and they need to cleanse the house and then perform the prayer on her. I can come back after the prayer is done. I told her parents that I am cool with it and I respect that, because she is their daughter and they want to do what they think is best for her. They love me but because I worship a 'demon', I can't be under the roof where they are going to perform the prayer. So I am preparing a place at my best friend's for a couple of days.

Fortunately, my gf isn't as hard out as her parents. Sure, she believes in demons as well but she does not see the bad side of a religion based on who you worship. I feel hurt everytime her parents say that Buddha is a demon and she feels for me as well. She felt that her parents are really insensitive and she consoles me whenever I get upset over it. She also gets angry when her parents try telling her that I worship a demon and if she thinks that her parents are going too far with their religious beliefs and demonology. Her parents do not know we are dating.

So here's the situation, her parents told me not to tell her anything because it will make her angry (or the way they say it, 'Awaken her demon inside her') but my gf and I are on an honesty policy where we be honest with one another because we trust each other and I feel that I am betraying that trust by keeping it away from her.

One on end, I don't want her to get angry at her parents for saying those things and asking me to leave the home, but on the other end, I don't want to lie to her by telling her that I need to go away for awhile because my friend needs me, while in fact, he doesn't need me and I am going away because her parents asked me to.

What do I do??

Do you not want to tell because you live at her parents for free & scared of losing free lodgings? I'd tell her parents sound crazy & could do or perform something that could injure, harm or kill her if that crazy with their thoughts.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Nutjobs. Grab that girl and head for the hills man. Sounds like a plot to me. You assume they don't realize your more than a roommate but I'm suspecting otherwise and this sounds like a ploy to get rid of you and manipulate their own daughter. oH yes, and the obvious, these people are over the top nutters. No disrespect intended.

You need to tell your lady but not at the house, do it away from home so she can cool down before dealing with the parents back home. May have to leave stealth mode a move in the early a.m.; You two old enough with enough dosh to get out on your own away from the apron strings? Maybe have a friend you two could stay with awhile?
    Yeah, crazy talk towards Siddhartha (Buddha). Always be weary of those who only see tunnel vision. I feel sorry for them yet at the same time, more scared for the two of you. I think your young but it's time to do some growing up kiddo.
    These people sound too odd to continue being around their energy. Smudge with sweet grass.

Tell your lady. REquest she keeps the info between just the two of you to avoid fall out with her parents and make a plan to get outta there. SOON. The sooner the better... and protect yourself.

You know, I can honestly understand believing in demons and can respect and understand if you are very religious. But, these are two full grown adults who apparently honest to God think their daughter is possessed by a demon. Either they are full of crap and are hoping acting crazy will scare you away, or they are in fact completely insane.

Hell, demons could very well be real. I sure as heck wouldn't know. Even if they are, they surely do not go around possessing people. What are they living in the dark ages?

That being said, do you tell your girlfriend, or do you respect her parents' wishes? Honestly, I think in this case you tell your girlfriend. But, that is just my opinion. You really do need to decide what you think is best. I mean, if she was into drugs and they wanted to stage an intervention, I would say that is in her best interest, and you should NOT tell her because the point is to help her get better. But, this demon stuff is absolute insanity. I think you should tell her, but let her know her parents didn't want her to know. Hopefully she can avoid the drama without implementing you, but I think this is something she needs to know is coming.

Anyway, let me reiterate again that demons are NOT real.

Now, excuse me. I have to go meet up with my brother Dean and a real angel of a guy named Castiel. We have to do..... um..... FBI stuff. Totally has nothing to do with demons. *Nervously itches the protection symbol tattooed to his chest that prevents demons and other creatures from possessing him*

Good advice off woody and EvilJester. Hope you update for us. GL & again TELL HER!
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I think both of you need to put your adult underwear on and move out. Free rent is not worth living in an unhealthy, delusional environment. Demons? Come on - this isn't the dark ages and to assume possession when someone has a lack of energy is one of the more absurd things I have heard on this forum.

Even if your told your girlfriend the truth - what would change? Her parents would just blame your honesty on 'the demon' and insist you're trying to further their daughters possession. She might be more reasonable in her beliefs but I'm wondering how long it'll be until she turns into her parents.

Then again, you could learn exorcism spells and bust in the house, placing your hand over your girlfriends forehead and shouting in Latin while clutching a bible tightly to your chest. Who knows? Maybe you'd score points with her nutter butter parents. :-P

"The power of Christ compels you! The power of Christ compels you!"

it sounds like they are planing some thing dangerous man get your girlfriend out of there and run never to look back
    dr Leo the powerful love spell caster

drleo.co.za

Yeah, unless she starts spitting pea soup and spinning her head around 360 degrees. Then maybe let her parents deal with it.