+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So confused? Need advice.

So confused? Need advice.

Ok, so I got a girls number off of her Instagram last Sunday, she's 22 and i'm 23. We exchanged messages from the day I asked for her number up until when we hung out on wednesday. Wednesday things went well, I thought we hit it off. I didn't make a move or anything cause i was nervous. Now after we hung out on wednesday the texts kinda slowed down. She wouldn't text as much as we used to, however i asked her if she wanted to hang out sunday night and she said yes. SO the sunday night we went out for drinks at this martini place, things we're going well, she kept staring at me and she kept making me touch her hands saying they were cold. AT the end of the night at around 12 she wanted to keep hanging out but we didn't know where to go, i suggested we go to my place to hang out for a bit and she was reluctant at first cause she thought it was rude to come to my house so late seeing as I do still live at home. We ended up at my place anyways and watched a movie in my room. I finally made my move on her about 10 mins into the movie and we fooled around until about 4 am. I drove her home and when she got out there was miscommunication about the goodbye lo. I went to hug and she went to kiss, we laughed and i kissed her and she went on her way. Now yesterday i messaged her and we exchanged some texts, but again she seemed distant. Seems like she is playing hard to get, yesterday she barely messaged me, I'm so confused, I really like this girl and I dont know how to go about this, am I overreacting? Should i be more aggressive or laid back? she has mentioned that she has trust issues etc but she kinda always hints at me being around in the future saying we should do this and this etc but I'm just thrown off cause im used to when a girl likes me she's always messing me and etc.

Thats the problem when dealing with women. When a guy really likes a woman, she still plays the situation like a game. You have no idea whether shes playing hard to get, or if she just wanted to fool around and now shes done. And if you try to ask a woman whats going on, she will usually lose all faith in you and not be attracted to you anymore. Women like to be subtle. They rarely stick their neck out, or show their hand. If you ask directly for an explanation of whats going on most women will take that as a sign of weakness. They like guys that follow them blindly on the roller coaster of emotion and communication. Even if she does like you, and you ask her directly, she will more than likely not be direct with her answer. For some reason when women meet a guy, and like him, they do everything in their power to not let him know it.

It's funny that it always seems to come down with amount of texting that is involved after the first date. It would make sense that before the first date when your getting to know someone a little that there is so much to say and the texts fly. It feels so great to get all those messages and to be paid that much attention to. You don't want it to end. I can see why you would be concerned as the wind has died down. But it always does. It's not really a bad thing. If the girl says yes to another date... then go with it. Be happy. Don't count the amount texts sent or not sent. Don't read into anything that may not even be there. We are not a mystery at all. If we like you we will accept another date and another and will do so until or if we don't want to anymore. Some people... yes I do mean GUYS too.. feel like they can't be honest without hurting someone's feelings so they don't always make it clear that they are not interested. If you ask her out several times and she has excuses every time then move on and don't assume it's a game. She may just not know how to say " I don't like you". Don't sweat the small stuff.

Just freaking ask her out again and if she doesn't answer or she says some lame excuse not to go then next her ffs.

DON'T waste time on chicks that are not showing you interest. They have issues that you don't need to get to experience. Just quit them and call the next one on your radar.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Honestly, it seems like you guys are connecting so just focus on the good that has happened rather than this weird texting elephant in the room. Texting isn't really an indicator of how much someone likes you... some people just don't like to text. Some people need more space between dates than others. Ask her out again, if it goes well, you know you have nothing to sweat about. Just chill out in the meantime-- texting isn't a solid indicator of anything