+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Helpful ideas.. Please!!!

Helpful ideas.. Please!!!

I am new here. Going onto this forum I believe is one of the steps and stages that I'm going through in dealing with this intense heartbreak. He told me to "move on" one week ago but the relationship started with lies which we never had for year and a half of a great relationship. We had plans to be together forever and those were his words and then a situation came up that he didn't like and he didn't want to deal with it. The pain of knowing our relationship wasn't worth enough to work it out hurts so much. He lied about wanting to rethink things and work it out and I was an emotional wreck for three weeks. I just cried and cried but find myself reading more and looking through ways to get through this. If there are any success stories out there are methods to stop thinking about all of the good times that make me so sad and the triggers that make me think of him would be so helpful. Thank you

Wishing you feel better soon, I had my heartbreak right before Christmas, and I am only just now slowly pulling myself back out of my dark sadness. Going away really helps, if you can take a trip, do it, alone or with girlfriends. I think thinking maybe he will come back or make it right only stops you from healing, so don't ever let yourself think these thoughts about him. People are selfish and when they get all they want off another off course they tell you to.. " move on ".. because they cannot fathom you actually loved them, because maybe they don't know how to themselves.

Here's a link: Start reading. (there are tons more if you just google "how to get over a breakup")

[url=http://www.professional-counselling.com/getting-over-a-breakup-and-forget.html#.VSFWx-lFBjo]How to get over a breakup and forget[/url]

So: What was the straw that broke the camel's back. You don't give any details.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thank you. It is just so hard to wrap my hut around the fact that he said that he would love me through all life's up and downs now he doesn't want to fight for the relationship. He told me that he is dealing with his own things with his ex and that's what he needs to focus on right now. I know that we can't ever get back together because his stringing me along and not being honest is not what I deserve. I do have to be honest that I hope one day he wakes up and realizes what he gave up

- - - Updated - - -

He was the one who said I need to rethink this and strung me along to think that this relationship was going to be worked out. He continued to be distant. Told me that he has his own things to work out and I asked once they worked out if he's willing to work on us. He said I don't want you to wait for me to text you in two weeks or a month. Said if I find someone else it's his loss. That's supposed to make me feel better. I said telling me you might contact me and telling me to MoveOn are two separate things. I asked him to be honest if he might contact me to work it out or if I should just move on and he said MoveOn. So hurtful

Still waiting to hear why you broke up, Sunshine.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine1 View Post
    Thank you. It is just so hard to wrap my hut around the fact that he said that he would love me through all life's up and downs now he doesn't want to fight for the relationship.
    This is a really common thing to say in the start of a relationship when we're feeling infatuated. Then we get to know our partners better and things change. Saying these words when you haven't been together long has nowhere near the seriousness of saying them in marriage vows.

Also, if you have to *fight* for a relationship, it's probably not worth having. Good relationships aren't so difficult that they need to be fought for.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

He's found someone else but lacks the balls to tell you the truth in some f($@@# up effort to save your feelings.
    He's been sleeping with someone else while stringing you along.

Does that help ditch the prick for good?

sorry dear but these things may help. Hey, men don't walk away from someone if they were either A: happy or B: they didn't have someone else in mind or dick

I am with the same situation with you. I keep on praying and talking with my friends. I t still hurt as hell but I know for sure that this will be over soon.

this is what i keep on saying to myself, some people are meant to love each other but not meant to be with each other.

Hello everyone.
    I am a young single developer tired of dating sites. I created for fun, a small mobile application. It is simple : you select two of your friends in your address book and send you their phone number. But without telling them who it is! This App is based both on trust, since it is you who are recommending , as a surprise , since your friend will not know right away that he can contact.

Off course, this app is entierly free. You don't need any account, no purchase to use it.

It's fun and pretty addictive!

Try it on the google play store.
    Hello everyone.
    I am a young single developer tired of dating sites. I created for fun, a small mobile application. It is simple : you select two of your friends in your address book and send you their phone number. But not their name! So my App is based on trust, as it is you who are recommending , but also on surprise , as your friend will not know right away that he can contact.

I'm not looking for money, so this app is entierly free. You don't need any account, no purchase to use it.

It's fun and pretty addictive!

Try it on the google play store!
    play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=developpez.g2

Your post sounds very generic like a composition of all on here, you can't stop thinking on your own it will happen slowly in time, can't be forced unless you self medicate.

Quote Originally Posted by megvoh View Post
    Your post sounds very generic like a composition of all on here, you can't stop thinking on your own it will happen slowly in time, can't be forced unless you self medicate.
    Nothing generic! just the will to share a fun thing!

No, my reply was to the maker of the thread if it was to you or another I would have said so