+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can the good people of LF answer this question [ for my GFs research ] Love is...

Can the good people of LF answer this question [ for my GFs research ] Love is...

Noticing the big lock up of threads in here so I decided to add a thread in here myself to the mix of others R o f l and help out the girlfriend too. She is doing a paper on how people see the word -- Love, so all you need to do is answer with either one word or a short sentence.

Hope to get at least 20 replies for her, if they don't come naturally I'll start pulling people out of other sections to reply

I'll start :

Love is Commitment.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Love is an action word.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Love is comfortable
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Love is a problem.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

a good problem

- - - Updated - - -

what a problems

Love is happiness.

I think love is to others what they are in at the moment ~ so if in love, or married and all is good love is a positive but if broken up & you were hurt love becomes a negative feeling for that moment in time.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Thinking about what you've said, Breathe and I have to say that I don't think Love is ever a negative... Its the pain of withdrawl from the habit of having that person in your life that is the negative.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

^ I agree with both you, Wakeup and breathe123 on that because it is where I am living within myself for some time.

Is she using data like country, age, and gender to factor in too, Jffs24?

I'll say that Love is - Neverending and a battle between your heart and your head so within that battle Love is also Painful. Sorry but gave you two words.

I posted a song when I last logged in here I think it is a song by Taylor Swift called Red, I will share some of the lyrics to better explain how Love makes me feel because her lyrics explain it pretty well for me.

Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
    Faster than the wind, passionate as sin, ending so suddenly
    Loving him is like trying to change your mind once you're already flying through the free fall
    Like the colors in autumn, so bright just before they lose it all

Touching him was like realizing all you ever wanted was right there in front of you
    Memorizing him was as easy as knowing all the words to your old favorite song
    Fighting with him was like trying to solve a crossword and realizing there's no right answer
    Regretting him was like wishing you never found out that love could be that strong

and also - Remembering him comes in flashbacks and echoes
    Tell myself it's time now, gotta let go
    But moving on from him is impossible
    When I still see it all in my head
    In burning red

Not the full song but if she wants the full lyrics to include, they are all online.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

When love works it is a .. Blessing.

When it doesn't it is .. Complicated and I feel why even bother.

I'm not in a good head space to gush on about love as I might normally would if the circumstances were different. ( if you need a age range, I am in my 20's and single, coming off a somewhat recent break up)

[MENTION=52694]Wakeup[/MENTION], well said thought. I think dollhouse is a good example of that, sorry for using you dollhouse & some others in broken & love advice on here.

Love is also ~ Exciting ( when it's new )
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Thanks, peeps. That is 8 including my own reply on this subject. Still want her to get more replies, so will hit people up on this weds here. Got 25 on another website and over 40 on my FB.

Yep, lovebroken -- but on the age it doesn't need to be specific so under 20, 20+, 30+, 40+, 50+ and so on. Which most I can guess on here anyhow, the one poster I don't know I'll put in the 20+ area.
    She thinks online websites are best because different countries, whereas on your own FB, IG people are usually local, not as much variety.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

A lot of off topic posters haven't been on in awhile, Jffs24, or you'd got more replies probably.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Love is great when both feel it at the same time and it works out. If not it's a huge pissing pot.

Thanks. That is 11 I think because dollhouse said two different things, as did lovebroken. I'll take those extra replies, get what I can get

- - - Updated - - -

Sent out a few requests for replies so maybe a few will answer and I'll send some more next week and that will be it.

Big thanks to all who participated.

Love is trusting, giving, receiving and willing to be open to all aspects of one's and the other's self.

Love is unconditional acceptance of all aspects of your partner and the life you've created with him or her or them.
    Last edited by woody; 27-04-15 at 06:33 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast