+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She said she loves me - then ended it

She said she loves me - then ended it

Good Afternoon, I need so much advice. Here's the story. So, we got together after a work related event and then over the past year we have had to work hard to get together because we live quite a distance away and work for different companies - we're both incredibly busy but we've got together and we've told each other we are in love.

The hidden information: she lives with her ex fiancée and she wants to buy his share but he's having none of it - it's been over a year since they broke up.

She messaged me today to say she cannot do us anymore (this is two days after planning a weekend together and my birthday next week together). She said she didn't call because I'd talk her out of it and she's crying texting because she knows it's the wrong decision. She said work is so difficult and everything at home.

I have sent messages back fighting to keep us together (I must seem needy and so unattractive). I'd do anything for her, she is wonderful and the other week we lay there in bed wrapped in each other's arms just talking for hours. She came back and said I've made my decision sorry.

What do I do?? Please help?? We are amazing together and only the other day she was saying she missed me, planning a spa day for my birthday.
    Do I give space or fight? I don't want to add to the pressure.
    Please help. She's 30, I'm 38 - too old to be finding this so tough.

I don't know for sure because I'm not her but I'd bet my grandmother's gold necklace that she's still very much involved with her fiancé and she's been playing you like you were a 1970 Gibson Telecaster. Twang!
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Fight. Meet her and talk openly. Show how much you love her.

Unfortunately, I agree with Wakeup on this one. 😁