+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Letting it go

Letting it go

Hello,

I'm in a very unhealthy relationship. It all started of, by meeting her during my very first day in university. 15 days later we started dating. This was my first relationship, so despite the first months of our relationship being great, i made all the rookie mistakes like being jealous, etc. Took me a bit, but i've dealt with the bad habbits. Problem was, that she wanted me to continue changing. I'm sensitive - she doesn't like that. I like to ask questions - she says i'm not manly enough, cause a man should know most of the stuff. I've started working out in gym, cooking, got my driver license...literally everything just so i could be more like a man she always wanted. My huge love for her, kept me motivated.

So, two and a half years have passed. These past 6 months were very shaky. Not once have she told me, that she doesn't love me or that i do not fit the man of her dreams. I guess i was blinded by my love and i kept changing just so i could be with her, i kept thinking i can work this out and show her how awesome of a guy i am. Saddly, i'm coming to a conclusion, that i can not. She broke up with me once, for a week, then she wanted to get back together, i agreed. After two months, she still treats me like shit, constantly telling me how others boyfriends do this, while i do that. People say that love beats everything, but i've come to realization that onesided love - doesn't.

Now, why can't i just leave her? It's quite simple actually. She's a Lion, i'm a Lion. We both met eachother on the first day of university, we've walked so much around our city's center, everything reminds me of her. And the worst part is...we study the same subject, so i'll have to see her everyday, every single day, for the last two years. I know she's not having these thoughts, cause like i said she doesn't love me or i believe, care about me to begin with. She's just with me, cause there's no one else to be with. And frankly, i want to end this but the fact that i'll see her everyday after a break up is stopping me. I can't even begin to imagine, how i'll feel once i'll see her with another guy.

So, i'm hoping you could share your experience, with similar relationship and how you dealt with it.

TL'DR: Want to break up with my first love, stuck seeing her everyday, advice needed.

EDIT: i forgot to mention, that i've been with her for 2 years and 7 months.
    Last edited by Sure; 05-05-15 at 11:47 PM.

Your just going to have to bite the bullet, rip off the bandaid and deal with the hurt. There is no easy way or magical solution and the fact you'll see her around campus often is also something you'll simply have to find a way to brush off.

What needs to be your driving force is the voice inside of you that's been telling you for some time now that this woman is not the woman for you. A real connection simply fits. She won't compare you, she won't put you down, she will love you for who you truly are. Find peace is this and realize the more time you spend with little miss wrong, the less time you'll have with both yourself and a possible little miss right.

Thank you for this reply. I think you helped me to make up my mind.

Good. Glad to hear it.
    You can do this.