+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Im Feeling Invisible. Is It Just Me?

Im Feeling Invisible. Is It Just Me?

Hello,
    Im new here, but have a question.
    Im in my 30's, an attractive male. Ive been married and had women in my life, and really never struggled. Im now divorced. Im finding myself in the dating scene again. But since Im single, Im more conscious of women around me.
    Now this leads to my question. Ive been feeling invisible to women. Im attractive (not at all bragging or egotistical), which surprises me that when Im out in public, I never catch women checking me out, smiling at me etc..., Its like I dont even exist. Now dont get me wrong, Im not expecting women to stare and drool either. But its making me self conscious and feel like Im nothing desirable.
    Is this all in my head? The main reason I ask, and that Im noticing this is because in my past, I would catch women looking at me all the time, but now it seems like Im totally invisible. Im not any uglier, Im not overweight, nothing has changed. So maybe all this is just in my head.
    One thing I must ad, that Ive always been insecure about is my height. Im only 5'7" and for a male in the USA, thats pretty short. But Ive never struggled in my past in catching women's eyes, so Im not sure if I can blame my height or not.

Anyway, any advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!!

Confidence. Women can smell a lack of confidence a mile away. Get that confidence back and you'll feel better.

I reckon it's just age. Wait till you're mid 40's and then you'll really know what it's like to be invisible LOL
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.