+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did I do something wrong?

Did I do something wrong?

Well I have a situation that is just annoying the hell out of me.

In short I got this gorgeous girls number, we went out twice over a few weeks and by all accounts had a great time, went out for dinner both times, spent the day together, chatted for hours etc, kissed. Thought all her signs were good and while I did not hide the fact that I was interested in her (bought her a single rose on the 2nd date etc), I do not believe I came across as a doormat or anything. I said I would call her with my new phone number during the week as I had been having issues with my old phone and was getting a new one. Called and left a couple of messages and a couple of texts over a few days but nothing. That ended last Thursday. I havent called her since and have heard nothing. I am just finding it all very strange as it has never really happened before. I dont think the two messages I left were particulary scary, just what my new number was, that I had a great time on Sunday and give me a call when you get the chance as Id love to see you again. On our 2nd date she even said she would like to see me again etc.

My question to girls is is it common place if after a couple of dates with a guy that treats you really well, that if you just arent into him, would you not even let him know youre not interested if he has been calling? I guess if you dont return calls it shows that, but I still think it would be kind of respectful if a guy has been nothing but a gentleman to at least let him know through your own mouth whats happening.

I am a little torn even now, although in the last few days I am just getting on with it. Its took all my efforts not to call her again. Now almost a week after last trying to contact her I am thinking of trying her one more time. I just want to know what happened. I think considering how nicely I treated her I at least deserve to know whats going. The sad thing is even if we hadn't worked out I would have loved to have remained friends as we have the same interests and enjoy playing the same sports etc. I guess I am just new to dating though I have had a lot of GFs, most of them however have evolved from friendships in the workplace or through contacts with friends. For the record I am 25 and she is 20.

Advice from both genders is greatly appreciated.

Andrew

Tone Guest
    Well there's not much you can do really, ya know?

I mean if she was interested in you she'd be sure to return your calls, etc. And if there IS a good reason why she can't - she will in the future, cause you left your number.

It sucks to have to sit around with all these questions to which a simple phone call from her could answer, but that's all you can really do... I mean if she can't even return your phone call she's not really worth your time.

Ah youth........

My friend, this is what women are all about. I'm 35 and still can't figure what they want, why they do what they do.

Could be game, could be she doesn't want to see you, could be both. I suggest to move on. If she wants to see you, she'll have to grow up and call you. Good Luck.

She's 20. No surprise here.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

When someone likes someone they generally make an effort to call / text etc.
    If she isn't doing that, just assume she's no longer interested.

I've wasted far too much time worrying about situations similar to this and it has always turned out that they're no longer interested for whatever reason (but maybe thats just a reflection of my character).

she's ether lost interest in you, or you did something wrong that even u don't know about. its most probaby something that you don't know you'v done because u do it often and is part fo u.

You did nothing wrong.

She probably just isn't interested. Sorry! I might not call a guy after only 2 dates to explain that, unless we otherwise were expected to run into each other somewhere.