+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do? Please do help

What should I do? Please do help

So I had been in a relationship for 6 months with a girl. At first she hesitated to let me into her life. But I was persistent, patient and determined, coz I really liked her. Eventually we both fell in love and it was smooth. One day out of the blue she texted me that she doesn't want to be with me. The reason was because we were from different religions. I understood that this was something that could have happened and so I accepted it. But after 15 days I texted her casually and eventually we ended up being together again. And it lasted for a while. But again, the religion topic came up and she wanted to walk out. At this point I lost my cool and I got a little angry and asked her never to text me again. After a month or so, she contacted me and wanted to say sorry for all that happened, so that we both can move on with a clean conscious. I am assuming she is feeling guilty at this point. But anyhoo, I said I didn't care anymore of what happened and I had forgiven her long back.

Recently she has been reading my mails I had sent her when we were together (I have email trackers so I know when someone opens my mails), plus she has been stalking my facebook profile. And this happens especially at night when she is in bed ready to sleep. And this is the time also when she replies to my text/emails, which we send one another casually now and then.

What do I take of this? Is thinking about me and replying to me before she sleep means I m on her mind the whole day? Or is it that I am the last priority? I really love this girl and I want things to work out. The religion thing on my end isnt a big deal and I re-assured her many times on this. What should I do?

She's emotionally attached to you! She's attracted to you and comfortable with you!That's a good sign!

But religion is a sensitive topic...if you really want a serious relationship, you better get to know something about her religion, and you explain something about your religion. It's better if you've already met her parents...

Ok, so here are the developments so far.
    She contacted me herself, and kept on insisting that we talk as friends, just friends. I tried telling her that I cant after what we have been through, just be friends. Anyhow she was very persistent and I caved in. So we had been talking - texting and calling. Our conversations are between being a friend and being a lover. Now and then she tries to say that she regrets we can not be together, but also at the same time doesnt want to stop talking to me and wants me around her.

I tried to go along with it, but I cant take it sometimes, I just love her alot and it becomes difficult for me, having to see her right infront of me and still feel she is miles and miles away. What do I do?

And what is the psychology or reason behind her wanting to still be in touch. Is it possible that she wants me around incase situations for her changes and we can be together? Or is this an easier way for her to just get over me?

Talk to her and try finding out exactly why she can't be with you because of her religion. Maybe there's something that both of you can work out. I'm sure there's a way.

She is stuck on the fence.....she is so in love with you, but this thing with the religion is guilting her out so bad, she has to resist. It is really messing with her head. It's definitely not going to help her get over you lol. Can I ask why the difference of religion is a problem? I know plenty of couples that ended up either converting or had two different weddings and kept their beliefs.