+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I break off a friendship?

Should I break off a friendship?

Well basically speaking a friend of mine has been a complete b itch to me, and has basically just caused me pain. She went out with my friend for 2 months, and let me chase her for about one of those months without telling me anything, I even went and confessed my feelings to her and she did not tell me. This was because she was afraid I would hate her. I do not have feelings for her anymore, though she has hurt me as a friend through her actions, i gave up chasing her about a month and a bit ago.

So I am seriously trying to rationalise whether or not she is even worth having as a friend considering what she has done to me. Im considering either breaking off the friendship or staying friends and hoping she improves and thinks about her actions.

What are you folks thoughts?
    Last edited by Airborne; 14-09-05 at 10:03 AM.

I think that if your feelings are hurt and you still care for her as more than a friend, then you should distance yourself until you can handle being just friends with her.

This is just my opinion, but I'd let it totally go, break off the friendship on any level and see what happens over time. Easier to say than do of course when you have feelings for her, but I'd try and hang tough.

Like they say, 'If you love something let it go. If it comes back, all the better.'

Life is short...why waste your time chasing after someone who has zero interest in you?

I don't still have feelings for her lol honestly how could I ever again after this? The issue is I cannot see how she can justifty being a friend when she does something like this? Or how I can justifty stay friends with someone who has been so cruel to me.

I do not want her back in a relationship, though I am not sure about the staying friends part. I am trying to decide whether or not she is worth keeping as a friend, alot of evidence points to no, though common sense points to yes, and she may well improve. I do not think she is deliberately trying to hurt me, though her thoughtless actions, so I really am not to sure about whether I could ever stay friends after this.

lilwing89 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by updraft
    Life is short...why waste your time chasing after someone who has zero interest in you?
    good point.

_________

lol for the last time I have stoped chasing her now.

She went out with my friend for 2 months, and let me chase her for about one of those months without telling me anything,
    wah i don't fully understand. she went out with one of ur mates? and how did she let u chase her for a month. did she tell u she liked u? or what. more information

but realy. why break off a friendship is all shes done is gone out with your best friend. just because u like her then why should she like u back. form wah i understand of this thread shes not been interested in u. i doubt thats shes attacking u emotionaly. it sounds to me like ur jealous of her going out with someone else.

sorry if it seems like attacking but thats hw it came across to me

Ok, here is the thing, she kept the relationship as a secret from me, they both did, so I was chasing her without any idea she was going out with my friend. That is why I am seriously considering whether or not she is worth keeping as a friend.

I no longer want to go out with her, and haven't for the past month, though a month and a bit ago I did, and it was at that stage which I was chasing her, and had no clue she was going out with my friend, and she didn't tell me that she was.

What girl in their right mind would let a guy chase them while going out with someone else, and not tell them? Then come out and call herself a friend?

She is a bad friend to you. A good friend would have been honest with you from the start and she wasnt. I think that what you should do is talk to her and tell her how disappointed that you are that she wasnt a good friend and wasnt honest with you from the start. Make her understand that what she did was wrong! I think that you are well within your rights to question the friendship as she may not be the type of friend you really want. If you really want to, you could even say to her that you are so angry with her actions that you are also considering whether the friendship is worth it.

She did wrong in letting you chase her. It's up to you whether you terminate your friendship with her or not. Although if you do decide to stay friends with her, then you've got to make it clear that she needs to make changes and start being a true friend.

If she isnt telling you the "whloe" truth ??? Then why would you want her as a friend anyway? She obvioulsy doesnt care about you then huh? Friends dont lie to each other.. or at least .. my friends wouldnt.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She likes attention.... By any chance....is this the girl who is dating your friend and is only doing it for "revenge" against you? If so....how childish. Do you really want a girl who thrives on your jealousy? Or at least tries to? Even if it is just a friend who is a girl.... Im mean come on....friendship isn't supposed to be like that...

Plus the fact she would actually date your friend and not even really be into him....sigh... When will people learn? (Im talking about her of course.)
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Yes this is that friend, I decided to create a post so you folks could help me decide whether she is worth keeping as a friend.

I think she is into him, and she isn't doing it for revenge because they have been going out for a few months, and I did the jerkish thing a couple of days ago, so it can't be for revenge. But the part that hurts is that she let me chase her without tell me she was going out with him.

Seriously these 2 were meant to be friends of mine! I can understand from his point of view though. But I honestly I do not know whether she is worth keeping as a friend after that. I mean what absolute low-life scum would do that sort of thing? I mean god I am surprised 2 such pathetic beings were born in the same country, let alone the same city!

I think you know what to do mate! Tell her that you don't want to know her anymore because shes been completely unreasonable and didn't consider your feelings nor value your friendship.

Let it cool. Be his friend, but not hers. Sucks big time...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast