+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why is the guy I'm seeing, seeing someone else??

Why is the guy I'm seeing, seeing someone else??

I have been seeing a guy for two months and it's been great. It's not a secret that we are seeing each other, he seemed really interested but just recently while he was spooning me he tells me out of the blue that he is seeing his girlfriend tomorrow. He doesn't have a girlfriend, I am sure of that. I ignored this but then he asks me if there is anyone I'm in love with? I just joked that I was in love with myself. This came out of the blue. Now he posted a picture on snapchat of him with this other girl who he has liked her picture on Facebook and left a comment. He is taking her out together with his friends as well, this is exactly what he did to me?! Since we aren't committed I have no right to get angry I suppose but I can't help feeling pissed and jealous because after these two months I obviously have feelings.. Yet he tells me to take it easy with the boys, he gets jealous when it comes to me and other guys. He keeps making plans with me as usual, we already have a plan coming up involving our friends together AND he invited me to a party where THIS girl will also be?? I am aware that I probably should dump his ass, it hurts a lot but I just wonder why he's doing it? Why he posted a picture so I could see like he is pushing me away yet he make plans with me. I just want to send him a text and tell him to go to hell but I might be overreacting.

Before you get angry or fire off any texts, how about asking him (face to face, in a non confrontational manner) how he feels about relationships and exclusivity. Find out what he's looking for and whether or not it fits with what you want.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Why are you not being honest with him about your feelings?

I don't know about you but if the guy I was cuddling with said something about his "girlfriend" to me, I'd have asked him to clarify what he meant and if it was anything more then his platonic friend, I'd have told him to fk off there and then.

Get it cleared up for goodness sakes and don't settle to be one-of-many either because you'll just shred your own self-worth to the point you have zero esteem if you keep that crap up.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion