My relationship has been falling apart since the birth of my son. My husband has suffered depression and anxiety for years and having a child, for whatever reason, seemingly put him over the edge.

Since we returned home from the hospital, he immediately stopped helping me with the baby. Aside from holding him here and there and changing a handful of diapers for a few weeks, I have been the sole caregiver for our 2.5 month old baby. My husband has also not contributed anything financially for this child. If it wasn't for my savings and myself parents, this baby would have nothing.

We are in a strange living arrangement that needs to be pointed out for the sake of understanding this situation a bit better. For financial reasons, my husband has been living at home with his mother and I have been living at home with my parents. This seemed the best way for us to afford our child and was decided while i was pregnant. We've never lived together. We were married during my pregnancy. He was staying with me after the birth of our son, but mt family soon became fed up with his lack of help with the baby and asked him to leave if he was just going to be sleeping all day and watching tv.

As if that wasn't enough trouble, 2 months ago, right after my son was born, my husband started drinking heavily and taking his mother's prescription drugs to deal with his issues. During this time, i found messages on his phone of him talking to another woman about how "hot" it would be if she and i "hooked up". This woman was no entertaining his flirting and it went no where else solely thanks to her. I blew up at him and said I was leaving. He begged and begged saying he must have been so drunk he didn't remember doing it and that he was never going to touch alcohol or drugs again because he couldn't lose me and our son.

Fast forward to last week. His mood swings are getting worse and worse. Lots of screaming at me, lots of out bursts. He threatened to kill himself and ended up in the psych ward of a hospital. While on the phone with him, he threatened me with physical violence, saying be was going to "break my mouth off of my face". Turns out, he has been drinking and doing the pills behind my back this whole time and lying right to my face about it. He even tried to sneak the pills into the hospital.

I flipped and refused to see him unless a social worker was present. During the meeting he said he admits he needs help and that he has been wrong. I've been furious with the deception and dishonesty. He came home 2 days ago and just yesterday he said he wanted to discuss things. Somehow, this turned into him pointing the finger at me for being angry and him saying he doesn't need help and that i am the one at fault.

I lost it. I told him did not want to hear from him, that i had made my decision and that i was done. He clearly has no idea how hurt and betrayed i am. He did the exact thing i told him i would leave him for, threatened me with violence and has neglected our son.

I'm at my wits end, but i love this man. Before this mess he was my best friend. I have no idea what to do. Do i hold fast to my declaration that we are over? Do i reach out? I pulled a childish move and deleted him from all social media in a fit of rage.

I feel myself cracking and thinking of good times. Please help me.