+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Forgot to text back, worth it?

Forgot to text back, worth it?

Well I asked a girl I knew through work to meetup for drinks after she expressed interest in seeing me and we texted a couple times(after not being in contact for roughly 2 months), she never responded, then the day after the day I asked her out, she texted me that she was sorry but was waiting to get confirmation on plans with family(presumably for Thursday) and then forgot to text me back that she couldn’t make it. I don’t think she forgot, or if she is, it means she isn’t that interested. In any event she suggested we meetup one of the next 2 weekends a she plans to visit to a sick friend in my area(she’s about an hour from my location- So u know I suggested a place for drinks halfway between us). Not sure if I really should meet up with her as it may be a lost cause . . . Thinking if I do meet up, suggest a couple weeks from now and see how she reacts(ie. pushes her visit). . . and then push for her to visit to her friend on a Saturday mid-late afternoon(ie. so I meetup with her late afternoon/ evening for something that could morph into a date - ie. museum followed by drinks, going to a couple wineries,). . . Not sure what to do. I figure if she pushes back on something later I know she just wants to keep me in the dreaded Friend Zone. Maybe if she doesn't like the suggstion, just say ask her out straightforward on a date, though she might be wanting to informally explore her feelings. . . . Thoughts?

Problem is, I knew I really liked her when she first came to my company(i'm not sure it was love at first sight, but definitely crush at first sight) but never made a move. I'm ready to forget it I think though if she clearly wants me as a friend as that serves me no purpose and I couldn't take it.

I totally relate to forgetting to respond to text or email - I kind of respond in my head but forget to put fingers to keys. So, I think it's entirely possible that she did forget.

That being said, I never forget to respond to a message which has me excited or really looking forward to something. I'd guess that she doesn't hold the same strength of feelings for you in return. Sorry.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Hello Radpivo,

I think you hit the nail on the head with these two hypotheses:
    -she's not that into me
    -or she wants to explore her feelings and take it slow
    It may be that she doesn't know how she feels about you, but if this is a girl that you're in-crush with then it's worth it to pursue her at least for a little while. It's when this sort of thing drags on and there's no progress that it becomes unhealthy. My advice to you is to not get caught up in strategic planning, most girls catch on when guys do this; instead, keep it simple, "Do you want to go out for drinks this Friday?" Or whichever day you choose. If she says "Yes," then go from there. Take it one step at a time and give her a chance to figure out how she feels about you. But if she starts to string you along, that's when you should just go ahead and cut yourself loose because it will start to torment you quite a bit.
    Good luck to you, Radpivo. And happy Tuesday!
    Yours truly,

- M{r}s. Right
    www.missus-right.com

Well, after I texted her that I couldn't make the weekend prior, she did put her visit off 2 weeks ago, and texted me that she tried to arrange to come up to see the sick friend last weekend but couldn't(she didn't realize he was in the hospital) and just texted me today that she's going to try to arrange to come up this weekend to see him in the hospital, and she'd like to meet me for "coffee or a cocktail to catch up." Not sure, should I just let her try to arrange something, and then plan around her scheduled meeting time or say, well "come in the later afternoon and let's catch up for cocktails afterward". Coffee would definitely put me in the dreaded "Friend Zone"(if I'm not already there) and a cocktail would provide the proper environment to see her full intentions/openess, but at the same time I'm sort of uncomfortable on forcing the timing(he's really sick . . .) so I'm not sure if he's even well in the late afternoon so don't want to come across as pushy . . . ideally though I should say, "let's plan on cocktails around 5pm if that works per his condition . . . or something like that . . ."