+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Looking for a girls advice

Looking for a girls advice

I went on a first date with a girl, we're both 28. We went to a baseball game and drinks afterwards. The date went well I thought, we had a good time and laughed and I felt chemistry there. I drove her home and tried to kiss her but just got a peck, it was a little bit awkward.

I texted her the next day and said "Had a fun time yesterday, it was good to see you" and she replied "I had fun too! thanks for inviting me"

At this point I wrote off ever seeing her again because of the failed kiss attempt so I was just going to leave it as is.

I was surprised/excited to receive a text from her the next day asking me how my day was going and we texted for a little bit, there is some chemistry there. I asked her out again this weekend but she said shes busy and "we will figure something out soon". I took this as a positive and said "sounds good"

Yesterday was my birthday and I got a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" text from her and replied "Thank you!" and that was it for communication.

Now today is Wednesday and she texted me again first asking how my birthday was and how work was going. I replied a couple hours later becuase I was working and we chatted about our days. I asked her to go to an observatory with me next friday if shes free and this is how the text convo went:

Me - "The museum of science has an observatory thats free to the public on fridays and ive been wanting to check it out"

Her - "So next friday my friend has friends from out of town and I told her I would go out with them"

Her - "Theres only a few weekends left in the summer so I feel like everyones making plans"

Her - "When does it end?"

Me - "Theres no telling"

Her - "No the museum thing?"

Me - "It runs from 830-10"

Me - "You get to look at the planets"

Her - "But when does it end as in its no longer at the museum?"

Me - "November"

Her - "Oh okay theres plenty of time"

Me - "The planets should still be there"

Me - "Im not so worried about the planets, I just want to take you out again because youre pretty"

Her- "Haha why thank you"

Her - "We will figure something out"

My questions are what do I do from here? Is she trying to nicely tell me to move on? Im horrible at reading signs, I think shes interested becuase she is initiating contact everyday.

Im looking for a girls advice because I'm kind of dumb when it comes to this

Am I not playing it cool enough? Being too nice?

Thanks!
    Last edited by jmoore34; 30-07-15 at 03:15 PM.

I think you should just tell her to let you know when some time opens up in her schedule, and then quit asking her out. You can even TELL her you are letting her take the lead on that.

Thanks for your answer

Is it too bold to say "Ill let you take the lead on this, let me know when some time opens up?"

No, I think it's appropriate. It leaves the door open in case she actually is interested (which you are right - is unclear), without making you seem like a needy little boy. If she doesn't mention it again, just assume she is only interested in being friends. Then, you will have to decide if you WANT to be her friend.

Dear JMoore34,

You seem like such a kind person, and this is why it pains me to tell you that it sounds to me like this girl is stringing you along because she likes the attention you give her. I know this because this is something that some people do - yet rarely admit to doing - when they are lonely or need a confidence booster. It is darn right awful. This doesn't say anything about who you are or how desirable you are, it only says a lot about who she is as a person. My advice to you would be to move on because you deserve so much more in life than this.
    Good luck to you, JMoore34.
    Last edited by mrs.right; 04-08-15 at 03:27 PM.
    Yours truly,

- M{r}s. Right
    www.missus-right.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.right View Post
    Dear JMoore34,

You seem like such a kind person, and this is why it pains me to tell you that it sounds to me like this girl is stringing you along because she likes the attention you give her. I know this because this is something that we women do - yet rarely admit to doing - when we are lonely or need a confidence booster. It is darn right awful. This doesn't say anything about who you are or how desirable you are, it only says a lot about who she is as a person. My advice to you would be to move on because you deserve so much more in life than this.
    Good luck to you, JMoore34.
    Speak for yourself. "We" women all do not do that nor do we do it and just not admit to it.

O/T: I agree totally with Smarta$$ and with your own choice of words, JMoore34. She's turned your invitation down twice now so it's her turn to pursue. Keep your options open and don't wait around for her.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Good point! I shouldn't generalize like that, and I've adjusted the comment. Thanks for calling me out, Wakeup!
    Yours truly,

- M{r}s. Right
    www.missus-right.com

Thanks for being so magnanimous.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion