+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Unsure about date

Unsure about date

I went on a date with a guy off a dating website today. I felt some attraction to him but have a preferred type but I have some doubts. He has had 2 very long term relationships and never married the women. He was nice but talked about himself a lot and when he asked me something he made sure the conversation got back to him again quite quickly. He apologised later saying he had spoke a lot. I found it hard to get a word in.

What really annoyed me later is as we left the venue I opened the door and he walked straight through and he didn't say thanks or open the door. He thinks the date went well and wants to see me again. Any advice?

What do you want to do? How can we give you advise on whether or not you feel that you have enough compatibility to continue? Make your own decision and don't be relying on strangers "guesses" on the internet.

I will stay that if one were to go by how you've described things. I would say that you are not the least interested in him so it boggles the mind why you would ask us what you should do.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Doesn't sound like you enjoyed the date....so I'm not sure why you're debating a second date with him.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.