+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused

Confused

Was looking for thoughts. I started dating a guy about a year ago. We both had pretty horrible relationships in the past. We started out great he was even talking about marriage and how he finally found the one. As time went on we started mingling our kids. His world revolves around his as does mine but there was always comments about how unruly mine were. As it progresses so did interaction with each other. I was barely given a kiss before leaving for the week. He states he just not interested in being intimate and feels bad about him gaining weight and just depressed. Then slowly his son who is older started sleeping in bed with him...I just slowly moved to the couch and whenever his son is here to visit I'm expected to stay on couch. This is a guy who had a huge sexual appetite before I met him. Well we progressed and I eventually moved in. I was hoping for a little change but I think it's worse. There is no romantic inclination we are even dating but when it comes to day to day issues such as bills, groceries, family vacations its fine. I tried to talk to him says its nothing and I'm making a big deal. He no longer talks about marriage actually turned opposite says he will never since everyone divorces. I don't understand I do alot for him but just seems like its expected anymore. Please is it something I could've done wrong?

The thing you did wrong was uprooting your kids and moving in with him with the idea that things would improve. What stopped you from breaking up with him when it became evident that the relationship wasn't working?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Seriously... why would you move in with him when he wasn't making you happy or to feel valued. Sleeping with his son instead of you?

Something else to think about: You moved in with him... now there is zero reason to marry you. (not that you should have done either when it was painfully obvious that you were just settling)
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion