+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please I need advice

Please I need advice

So we have been dating for one and half year, so this is quite a long tern, intimate relationship. She even talks about getting married and have kids.

During this time, we fought quite a few times. The problem mostly because of communication or idea differences. she tend to hide her reason of being angry and expect me to feel for her.
    When she was showing her childish temper instead of communicating with me , I tend to walk away or keep distance every time we fought.

Maybe she thinks that every time we fought it is always her problem and I am always stay upper handed. This time we fought over some small unimportant matters she said to me she need to calm down and she doesn't want to see me temporarily. I was quite surprise when she told me that.

After two weeks of no contact, I messaged her and told her I have something to tell you and got two free movie tickets, she replied that she cannot watch movie with me, then ask me what is it I want to talk about
    and does it require meet up? I hasn't reply to her yet.

should I set up a meeting with her? or tell her I am busy and will get back to you later? What is the best way to deal this situation? Thank you!

To sum up:

I invite her to watch a movie and also wanted to tell her something.

She said she cannot watch movie with me, but ask me what is it I want to tell her. Does it require meet up?

Basically I want to get her back but she is the one engaged no contact and refuse my invitation, so what is the best way to deal this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by dio9366 View Post
    To sum up:

I invite her to watch a movie and also wanted to tell her something.

She said she cannot watch movie with me, but ask me what is it I want to tell her. Does it require meet up?

Basically I want to get her back but she is the one engaged no contact and refuse my invitation, so what is the best way to deal this situation?
    Have you considered giving her the space she needs and letting her miss you so that she reaches back out to you when she's ready for it?

You're correct when you say you two have communication problems. I am not clear on where either one of you is coming from or how you really feel. There is a big disconnect between what you are feeling and what you are saying/doing.

I think that to approach her after two weeks of no contact by offering to take her out to a movie is glossing over what has just happened. Two weeks of not talking in a 1.5 year relationship is a lot! It needs to be addressed and dealt with instead of being swept under the rug. You both need to be more direct about what you are feeling and expecting from each other or this won't work. Fighting over petty things is usually a symptom of something bigger. Drop the games and just be honest.

Please don't dismiss your fights as being about 'small, unimportant matters". If they were unimportant, then they wouldn't end up being fought over. The fact that there are fights happening frequently means that there are significant issues which aren't being resolved.

It's quite likely that she thinks the matters you're fighting over are important. The fact you are dismissing them as unimportant could well be driving her away from you.

Anyway, are you seeking to get back together with a woman who has a "childish temper" and does not communicate with you? You sound like you have very little respect for her.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 09-08-15 at 03:06 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.