+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In need of immediate advice

In need of immediate advice

I met this guy in 2013 over the summer and I immediately fell for him , it's like the chemistry and connection we shared was so intense that I can't seem to find it anywhere else after 2 years,I still get smitten when he acknowledge's me and I even get butterflies just hearing his name . Long story short we ended up having sex and then losing contact (I later on found out he had got a gf and is, madly in love with her even considering marriage) So as of right now he's in a happy relationship that he brags about every chance he gets .We still calll and check up on each other once and a while and we follow each other on a social media account so we kind of keep in contact here and there. I'm truly happy for him but can't help but wish I was in his girls place, I recently just ended a relationship but my mind is still on HIM . Any Advice?

delete, delete, delete...join meetup.com go out ...live.

I think you're better off cutting all contact with him - including deleting him from social media. If you tell him that you're still a bit hooked on him and need No Contact in order to get over your feelings, he should understand. And if he doesn't understand, then he's very selfish.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    ...If you tell him that you're still a bit hooked on him and need No Contact in order to get over your feelings, he should understand. And if he doesn't understand, then he's very selfish.
    Good idea... and letting him know you’re still into him leaves him knowing what the situation is, and won't say "why didn’t you tell me?!" if you meet up 15 years later by some odd chance. In addition it will remove contact with him if there is no interest.

Stop wasting your romantic life over him. He's not reciprocating your crush on him so just block and delete him from everything and pretend he died. You're never going to find a good partner that you'll want to have as a LIFEmate if you keep not being able to connect with anyone because of your limerence over some dufus you fkd eons ago.

Don't mistake your lust for love.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Do something to keep your mind off him. He's already in a happy relationship. The more he expresses it to you, the more you'll feel bad. Why not just cut him off and move on.

It's difficult but I think you should move on. You are wonderful and will meet someone else one day that will care about you. I am sorry to say that their feelings towards you aren't reciprocated, which is why they are happy in their relationship. Even if they were single, at this moment in time they don't feel as into you as you are into them. However, don't despair! You may not believe this now but you will meet someone else that will feel the same way you feel about them and that will be the happiest relationship in your life.
    At the moment don't contact him, and if he wants to know why then tell him "sorry, I need some space to get over you. I wish you all the best". Spend some time pampering yourself. Hang out with friends. When you're ready and feel more confident go out and date. Don't sleep with random guys. Guys don't want to be in relationships with one night stands. Unfortunately they lose respect for a girl that sleeps with them before they're a couple.
    I wish you all the best! You will feel better eventually, and this experience will make you stronger and wiser.

It seems that during that time of separation he found someone else he could be happy with. He is not the only fish in the sea! You will find someone else! Someone who will be just as wonderful as you think this guy is! (Maybe even more wonderful!)
    You should try to be careful, though. Because it has been so long since you were with him, you could possibly be building up this memory to be more than it really was. You should try to look back on it without rose-colored glasses. If he moved on after you two were together, it's possible that he didn't feel as strongly about your interaction together as you did.
    It's easy to see someone in a happy relationship and wish that for yourself. But in all reality, if you really were the female of that relationship you're coveting, the relationship might look very different than it does now from the outside.