+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Uggh Guys and Tinder!! Should I be worried with these texts or am I overreacting?

Uggh Guys and Tinder!! Should I be worried with these texts or am I overreacting?

I met a guy on Tinder about 3 months ago. We have been together a lot spending every weekend together for the last 2 months. He is a small town guy with good values and hasn’t said or done anything to annoy me or make me say hmmm, which is rare for a guy lol BUT….

My friend’s kid was playing with my Ipad and he got on the tinder app lol I tool the ipad back and noticed the guy had been active within the last half hour. I admit I checked before but he hadn’t been active in the last 2 months so I stopped thinking about tinder. He told me he liked me, that he didn’t play games and I made him all warm and tingly on the inside.

So I texted about the kid havin my ipad (he knew) and that I noticed he was active on tinder in the last half an hour and it caught me off guard.he responds right away “haha oh shush I got a notification sayin I had activity to check bc I haven’t been active in so long but the activity was that like 20 ppl removed me as a connection haha”

I responded “ ok” and then he says ” I didn’t do the swiping thing and no one is talking to me anymore haha” I said “ its fine if you wana swipe but let me know bc I can too then lol…I just don’t want anything to be one sided.”

He writes “I told you I’m not a jealous guy so you can get on and swipe and chat/have fun and it won’t bother me a bit. But I have no urge to play the swiping game ha”

I write “Well I’m not jealous either but if your into someone you don’t want them hanging out with other people. That’s just called being normal lol but ok. I see. Good to know where you are coming from.”

He says “agreed. I’m not hanging out with anyone else or tryin to ” Then sends “I was talking about going on the app and swiping or even talking..idc about that but if ur going on dates or meeting them then well yea that would bother me.”

I said “ok, I’m over it I’m going to bed. Have a good night and a good day tmrw!!” He says “Well I’m glad ur over it, there was nothing to be on it about haha but thanks you too. night night babe”

I was drinking a little or I probably wouldn’t have said anything but what’s done is done so can’t take it back. That’s not up for discussion. I just want to know if anyone thinks this is fishy and how I should proceed with my actions. Should I do a pull back and/or start dating others?

Thanks!

Does Tinder still have a bad reputation for being a pick up and screw site? (It does here)
    Last edited by SuperHappyTime1; 20-08-15 at 03:35 AM.

yes it does. Try OK cupid

Quote Originally Posted by Karine View Post
    I was drinking a little or I probably wouldn’t have said anything but what’s done is done so can’t take it back. That’s not up for discussion. I just want to know if anyone thinks this is fishy and how I should proceed with my actions. Should I do a pull back and/or start dating others?

Thanks!
    Did you guys agree to keep seeing other people? Or rather, did yall agree to not see anyone else? If it's really been hanging out every weekend for two months, you should really consider having that talk.

Otherwise yes, date other people. There's nothing wrong with dating (1NSs are entirely the opposite though)

If you both are into each other and don't use Tinder then why keep your accounts? Less reason for incidents like that if you get rid of them.

His story sounds off to me. But he knew you knew so he didn't want to make you feel like crap since you called him on it right away.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Oh ffs: Could you get anymore ambiguous about what it is you want with this guy? You're shit is in a knot because you think he's been on the site and when you talk about it you don't even ask him if you can be exclusive.

WTF do you want from this guy? Figure that out and then ask for it and if he won't give it to you then dump his ass but whatever you do, learn to communicate because that whole conversation with nothing but playing games with one another and bullshitting him so that you didn't look like someone who gave a shit about him.

For all anyone of you know, you're both going to get bizzy with someone else and neither one of you will care either way.... pfft.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion