+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do some women NOT want to have kids?

Do some women NOT want to have kids?

My GF and I are in our early 30's, been together for nearly 2 years.

Lately she has been talking about kids a lot and moving in with me (two things I have never done). We met online and I answered "Maybe some day" to the "Do you want children?" question on my profile. It's something that has never really come up, but for the first time in a while I find myself with someone I like, but am unsure about more.

This HAS to come up quite a bit... many of my guy friends want kids, but some say "hell no"... rarely have I heard a women say "hell no".

Thanks,
    J

I'm female I used to not want kids. Until I met a man (now husband) who really wanted children and who would make a good father. I changed my mind.

Anyway, there are women who don't want kids. They are in the minority, but they do exist.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

So I'm not a female so I may be way off here, but I've been dating my current girlfriend for over 4 years and I know her pretty darn well. And I've had a lot of female friends that I've asked their opinion on this because I was curious as well. The answer is yes. My girlfriend doesn't want to have kids. Period. And says if she changes her hind she'll adopt. This is from what I've found a rare view, but some woman just don't want that whole year of child bearing for multiple reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicyouth View Post
    but some woman just don't want that whole year of child bearing for multiple reason.
    I've always thought that the aversion is more about the 18 years of child raising - longer if you have more than one child. It's a big chunk of your life to dedicate to caring for someone else.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I want kids, almost all my gfs at some point want kids too.
    If you love someone and want to go the distance discuss big issues RIGHT AWAY so no one wastes the others time.